I haven’t been posting anything for a week because I’ve been visiting my sister and her family in Croatia and there wasn’t really time to do any work. There was a lot of cuddling and playing with my little niece and nephew, eating best pumpkin pies ever, homemade bread every day and roasting chestnuts over open fire. Before when I would go to visit them I would always bring my computer with me but in the end never used it so I learned my lesson and now I just leave computer at home for those few days and spend all my time with little ones…
I was pleasantly surprised when I came back and saw that within a week all the leaves on our mountain turned beautiful shades of yellow and red. So, so pretty! Just when I think that nothing can be more beautiful, the nature here in the Alps surprise me and show me all its glory. I’m taking like hundred photos a day and thinking maybe I should do a blog post on autumn in Switzerland! But first I should do what I promised and that is a travel post about my trip to St Lucia, it’s just that I have sooooo many photos that it’s taking me forever to go through! But I’m getting there slowly…
But first these muffins.
UPDATED WITH THESE NEW PHOTOS IN 2020
– ORIGINAL PHOTOS AND POST PUBLISHED IN 2015… ( I always want to keep original photos and posts because this way I can see progress, I can see how far I’ve come in my photography, my work and overall my life. Even with all the struggles and challenges life sometimes throws at us, it’s so rewarding to know that with hard work, love and passion for what you do… you can achieve so much more than you thought it’s possible!)
They are so good, soft and delicious and kind of healthy too. I mean, maybe not as healthy as eating raw carrots but still healthier than those full of butter, cream and refined sugar. And there are carrots and apples in there so yes, these muffins are not bad for you and they taste good!! 🙂
There can never be enough muffins and cookies recipes in my opinion. Specially those that are easy to make and you can have them fresh for breakfast or with your afternoon tea or coffee.
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1 red apple grated
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners or use silicone muffin pan where you can put the mixture directly into cups.
- In a mixing bowl combine egg, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and stir.
- Add flour, baking powder and stir gently until combined.
- Add grated carrots and apple and stir in gently.
- Fill the muffin liner ¾ full and bake for 20 minutes until the tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before eating.
- If you are using 12 muffins pan, just double up the quantities.
- 1 jaje
- ⅓ salice otopljenog kokosovog ulja
- ½ salice kokosovog secera (ili smedjeg nerafiniranog)
- 1 zlicica vanilin ekstrakta
- ½ zlicice cimeta
- prstohvat soli
- 1 salica pirovog brasna (ili drugog po zelji)
- 1 zlicica praska za pecivo
- 2 mrkve srednje velicine, naribane
- 1 jabuka, naribana
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- Zagrijte pecnicu na 180 C.
- Oblozite kalup za muffine casicama za muffine, a ako koristite silikonski kalup, smjesa moze ici direktno u kalupe.
- U vecoj posudi izmijesajte pjenjacom jaja, otopljeno kokosovo ulje, kokosov secer, vanilin ekstrakt, cimet i sol.
- Dodajte brasno, prasak za pecivo i promijesajte da se sve sjedini.
- Dodajte naribanu mrkvu i jabuku i umijesajte u smjesu.
- Napunite kalupe za muffine do ¾ i pecite 20-ak minuta tj. dok tester ne izadje cist.
- Ostavite da se ohlade prije serviranja. Dobar tek!
- Napomena: Ukoliko koristite kalup za 12 muffina, poduplajte smjesu.
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as sign up to receive new blog posts via email and subscribe to my newsletter.