One of the things I discovered when I changed the way I eat and mostly eliminated refined sugar from my diet, as well as butter, milk, cream & other, is that I can still enjoy delicious food, have treats, desserts and feel good after eating them! I never, ever in million years thought I would be one of those people who will say no to cakes or candies but life gave me stomach / digestion problems and I hit back with changing my nutrition and eating beautiful, delicious food, including desserts that are probably even better tasting than those I was eating before! The best part is that you don’t have that heavy bloated feeling in your stomach (even those who normally don’t suffer from digestion can still have that feeling!) after eating a piece of that classic rich cake made with lots of cream, butter and sugar. Now, don’t get me wrong, I believe in balance and when I feel good and if there is a special occasion, I will still have a taste of something that doesn’t fall into category of “healthier” desserts but I know it won’t make me feel sick, like for example a slice of apple pie, Italian cherry jam crostata, some kind of fruit cake or even dark chocolate one if is not covered with layers of cream! 😀 But that’s only in special occasions and most of the times my treats are healthier and made dairy free, refined sugar free and easy to digest. Like this little treat I’m sharing today!
Now that I’m already talking about this subject, I wanted to ask you if you would be interested in a blog post about the way I eat, the food that I eliminated, the ingredients I introduced that make me heal, feel better with no medicine anymore and lose 10 kg (that part was not intentional, it’s just the way my body found its balance when eating like I do now)? If this is something that would be interesting for some of you (if you have digestion problems or generally don’t feel well after eating or if you want to lose the weight in a healthy way), I’ll put it together one of these days. So please let me know! 🙂
Now these Cashew butter chocolate cups are so good! They are perfect little treat to keep in the fridge for those times you want / need something sweet. They are also quite rich so even half of the cup will satisfy your craving. Do you like cashew butter? I love it because of its mild and creamy taste but enjoy it occasionally as it is quite rich as I said. My favorite nut butter is almond butter and that’s the one I eat daily (you can find recipe on my blog here). But cashew butter is amazing too, specially for desserts! You can make it yourself (like all the nut butters, by toasting them for 10 min in the oven and than blending in strong food processor until it’s creamy) or just buy it in any health food store.
Not only do cashews have a lower fat content than most other nuts, approximately 82% of their fat is unsaturated fatty acids, plus about 66% of this unsaturated fatty acid content are heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, similar to those found in olive oil. Cashew nuts are abundant sources of essential minerals, especially manganese, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium. They are high in calories, like all nuts, so you have to enjoy them in smaller quantities.
Recipe in English:
- For base:
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 3 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- For topping:
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or 2 tbsp agave)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- pinch of salt
- Prepare a silicone muffin pan.
- Put all the ingredients for base into your food processor and blend until smooth and combined.
- Press a little bit of the mixture into each silicone cup using a spoon.
- Put all the ingredients for chocolate topping into a small pan and heat over low heat until combined. Put about 2 tbsp of chocolate sauce on top of the cashew mixture base.
- Put the silicone muffin pan into freezer for about 30 minutes to set and than remove from the silicone pan and store in the fridge.
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- Za smjesu
- 2 zlice maslaca od indijskih orascica
- 3 zlice zobenih pahuljica
- 1 zlica kokosovog ulja, otopljenog
- 2 zlice javorovog sirupa
- 1 zlica chia sjemenki
- prstohvat soli
- Za cokoladni preljev
- 3 zlice kokosovog ulja
- 3 zlice javorovog sirupa (ili 2 zlice agavinog sirupa)
- 2 zlice sirovog kakao praha
- prstohvat soli
- Pripremite silikonske kalupe za muffine (ili obicne, ali tada ih oblzite papirnatim casicama za muffine).
- Stavite sve sastojke za smjesu u vas multipraktik i miksajte dok se sve dobro ne poveze.
- Zlicom vadite manju kolicinu smjese i pritisnite u svaki pripremljeni kalup.
- Sve sastojke za cokoladni preljev stavite u manju posudu i zagrijavajte na laganoj vatri dok se sve ne poveze.
- Stavite otprilike 2 zlice cokoladnog preljeva preko svake smjese utisnute u kalup.
- Stavite kalupe u zamrzivac na 30-ak minuta, izvadite casice iz kalupa i drzite u frizideru do posluzivanja. Dobar tek!
These cups are so good, creamy and they taste like candy!