Hi everybody! We have another very dark and grey day here that is actually kind of unusual for being so high up in the mountains. Well, unless it’s snowing of course, I’m used to the sunshine and bright sky but we’ve been having such a terrible depressing weather for days already, hopefully we’ll see some blue sky soon! Last time I told you that the forecast for this week is snow (what!!??) but for the moment it’s just clouds, fog and wind so hmm not the best for being outside.
But who cares about the weather when you are a food blogger/photographer and you can make and shoot so many great delicious things in your little kitchen! Doing what you love make everything better and when life gets tough, it gives you the strength and confidence, it’s the first time for me to have and do something I’m so passionate about and it feels really good… 🙂
So, what do I have for you today? Something amazing! This Crunchy chocolate granola is soooo good and yummy that you won’t believe that it’s actually healthy and the only problem with it is that you can’t stop eating it! Well, me at least, once I open that jar, I just keep snacking and that can be dangerous. 😀 Great thing about this recipe is that once you make it you basically have your breakfast covered for the whole week and it keeps well in jars even for 2-3 weeks. It’s made with seeds and nuts and coconut and homemade chocolate sauce so it’s all good stuff of of course this is not light food that you can have in huge quantities as it is high in calories but as long as you eat normal portions, you’ll give to your body (and your mouth!) something very good and nutritious.
I am sharing this recipe with the permission from lovely Marie who has an amazing instagram account Papaya sunshine (check it out here) and who has posted this recipe a while ago and I just had to make my own version. I adjusted it slightly, changed some quantities, added coconut flakes but the rest is more or less the same as her recipe and I made it few times already, I just love it so much and I hope you will too! For the nuts I use a mix of walnuts or pecans and Brazil nuts that are excellent source of dietary fiber and various vitamins and dietary minerals. Brazil nuts contains rich content of thiamin, vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese and zinc. They are also perhaps the richest dietary source of selenium. For the seeds I used sesame, chia and pumpkin seeds. You can of course use any nuts you prefer and use other seeds as well. This chocolate granola goes so well with frozen or fresh raspberries or blueberries so I suggest you try that too…
Recipe in English:
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup (or agave)
- 2-3 tbsp raw cacao
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts (I used walnuts or pecans + Brazil nuts)
- ½ cup mixed seeds (sesame, chia and pumpkin)
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- Preheat oven to 170 C (338 F). Prepare large baking tray and line it with baking paper.
- Start by making the chocolate sauce. In a small saucepan combine coconut oil, maple syrup and raw cacao and stir over low heat until it's well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, mixed nuts, seeds and coconut flakes and stir with wooden spoon.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the oats mixture and stir it until all the oats/seeds/nuts are coated with chocolate.
- Spread the chocolate mixture in the large baking tray and bake it for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Once it's cooled store the granola in the glass jars, it will keep well for about 2-3 weeks.
- Serve it with cold milk (I used soya milk) and some frozen or fresh raspberries or blueberries. Enjoy!
- Note: Make sure you leave some larger chunks of granola as they are so crunchy and delicious.
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- ½ salice kokosovog ulja
- ½ salice javorovog sirupa (ili agavinog)
- 2-3 zlice sirovog kakaa
- 2 salice zobenih pahuljica
- 1 salica mjesanih orascica (ja sam koristila orahe ili pekane i Brazilske orascice)
- ½ salice mjesanih sjemenki (sezamove, chia i bundevine)
- ⅓ salice kokosovih listica
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- Zagrijte pecnicu na 170 C. Oblozite veliki pekac papirom za pecenje.
- Najprije napravite cokoladni preljev. U maloj posudi pomijesajte kokosovo ulje, javorov sirup i kakao i zagrijavajte na laganoj vatri mijesajuci.
- U vecoj posudi pomijesajte zobene pahuljice, orascice, sjemenke i kokosove listice.
- Prelijte pripremljeni cokoladni preljev preko dobivene mjesavine i dobro promijesajte.
- Rasporedite smjesu po pripremljenom pekacu i pecite 20-ak minuta.
- Izvadite iz pecnice i ostavite da se potpuno ohladi.
- Kad je ohladjena, spremite granolu u staklenke i tako je mozete pohraniti 2-3 tjedna.
- Posluzite s mlijekom i vocem po vasem izboru. Dobar tek!