I can’t believe it’s Friday already! I honestly don’t know where this week went, I’ve just been working like crazy and not much else. Nothing exciting happening here I tell you! How about you, how are you spending these warm summer days (or cozy winter ones!)? I will spend another week or so working intensively before going to Dubrovnik to spend part of summer with my parents, sister and her little chickens… I honestly can’t wait and if you follow me on instagram, Facebook or snapchat (travellingoven), you’ll get to see a lot of sea/beach/summer food stuff over the next few weeks! The only negative part is that I won’t be able to shoot and create as much as normally because with the full house, small kids, beach and friends calling my name etc it will be kind of a challenge to have any work done. But maybe it’s good to have a little break and get my creative energy re-filled, that can be a problem when you start working from home and doing photography as your job, you basically never stop. So maybe I’ll try to do that for a little while but knowing myself I’ll find a way to share something here and my social media pages whenever I can! What can I do, I just love what I do! 🙂
One of the things that always put me in summer mood is summer fruit! My favorite! First the strawberries, than cherries and now the green markets are full of lovely apricots, nectarines, peaches so that inspired me for this simple, delicious and healthy dessert, Apricot vanilla millet pudding. Millet is such a great healthy ingredient that I mostly use to make millet porridge (like this Creamy chocolate millet porridge!) but now I wanted to make something fresh and more suitable for summer so inspired by lovely apricots I created this easy recipe for a homemade apricot pudding. If you like apricots, you’ll like this dessert and it’s also gluten-free so great for those who can’t tolerate gluten. I made it mildly sweet so you can really taste those apricots but if you prefer sweeter or you are making this for children, than I suggest to add a bit more natural sweetener. Just taste and make it as per your taste. 🙂 I like it cool from the fridge and topped with some fresh fruit but other option could be sprinkled with coconut sugar, yum! 😀
I hope you’ll try it out! And try not to eat that mixture of apricots, vanilla, cinnamon and agave syrup straight out of the pot, it’s so good! Oh and if you make this or any of my recipes from the blog, you can always let me know how you liked them, send me a photo of it on my Facebook page or use #travellingoven hashtag on instagram, I love hearing from you! 🙂
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup millet, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup (or honey)
- 4 large apricots, cut in smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- In a small saucepan bring water to boil, add millet and a pinch of salt.
- Let it simmer over medium heat for about 10 min. If it gets too dry, add a splash of milk.
- Add milk and agave or maple syrup and let it cook for another 10 minutes until liquid is mostly absorbed. Stir often.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- In another small saucepan put apricots (cut in pieces), water, vanilla, cinnamon and maple or agave syrup.
- Let it boil over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked apricots to cooked millet and mix with an electric hand mixer until it's gets smooth and creamy like a pudding. Taste if you need to add more sweetener.
- Chill in the fridge and serve with fresh fruit or sprinkled coconut sugar. Enjoy!