Chocolate and strawberries overnight oats sounds good, right? 😉
Like I told you in my last post that my things still haven’t arrived from customs, meaning the new place is still very much empty with no kitchen tools and equipment so cooking is let’s say quite challenging. So basically I kind of just eat breakfast food a lot. Because if you can’t cook and you don’t want to start eating sandwiches and unhealthy stuff, than this kind of food is the best solution! And you get to eat chocolate more often than not and that’s always a good thing, right? 🙂
UPDATED WITH NEW PHOTOS IN 2020:
Now don’t get me wrong, I do have one pan and one pot so I do cook something occasionally and I discovered that appetizers-kind-of-food are also a great way to eat something nutritious without too much cooking so I actually have a great savoury recipe for you for next week. Anyway, it’s been an interesting experience realizing how little materialistic things you actually need and how the job can be done also with a bit (or lot!) of improvising.
What makes a home…
Having said that, I will be VERY happy when the things finally arrive (last update is: early next week!) and mostly because I need them to make the new apartment cozy and comfortable and feeling like a new home, even if a temporary one. I already mentioned that but it’s so true, you start to feel more at home when you put those little personal things, cozy blankets and cushions, when you lit candles and put your framed family photos, when you pile your books on the shelfs and can reach anytime for that cookbook to look for an inspiration, when you can take your baking pan and bake muffins or a banana bread for that afternoon tea…
Basically, those things and moments are so important and many take them for granted because they are always there but believe me, because of my constant moving and this crazy life of mine, I appreciate them with all my heart…
About this delicious and healthy breakfast…
Finally, let’s talk a bit about these Chocolate and strawberries overnight oats! This is such an easy way to make a delicious and healthy breakfast and not to lose anytime in the morning to make it. I hear many complain how they don’t have time in the mornings to make healthy breakfast and they just grab a sandwich or some pastry but in reality, there are so many ways how you CAN have that yummy breakfast that is so important and good for you and your body. I already have quite a few great ones on my blog (see under recipes/breakfast) and here is another one.
This recipe is great because you basically make it the night before and enjoy it in the morning, all you have to do is melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it all over and that takes literally couple of minutes and I recommend you do it because some extra chocolate makes everything better, yum! 🙂
So there are no more excuses, get some strawberries and make this for you breakfast, I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I do, it’s creamy, fresh, mildly sweet, chocolaty, topped with strawberries and melted dark chocolate, what’s not to like! 😀
Recipe in English:
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup unsweetened milk of choice (I use oat milk)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 tsp maple or agave syrup
- 5-6 strawberries, chopped
- dark chocolate for topping, melted
- Not: if it's not sweet enough for you, you can always add another splash of maple or agave syrup.
- In a small bowl combine oats, milk, mashed banana, cacao, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Stir until it's combined.
- Cut the strawberries in smaller pieces and place one half on the bottom of a glass or jar.
- Put the oats mixture over them and than top with the rest of the strawberries.
- Put in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the strawberries. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- ½ salice zobenih pahuljica
- ½ salica mlijeka po izboru (ja koristim zobeno)
- 1 zlica sirovog kakao praha
- malo cimeta
- ½ banane (izgnjecene)
- 1 zlicica javorovog ili agavinog sirupa
- 5-6 vecih jagoda (ili vise manjih), na polovice
- tamna cokolada za preljev, otopljena
- Napomena: Ako zelite sladje pahuljice, dodajte jos malo javorovog sirupa.
- U manjoj posudi pomijesajte zobene pahuljice, mlijeko, izgnjecenu polovicu banane, kakao, cimet i javorov sirup.
- Pola isjeckanih jagoda stavite na dno staklenke ili zdjelice.
- Na jagode stavite pripremljenu smjesu s pahuljicama i zatim dodajte ostatak jagoda.
- Ostavite u frizideru preko noci.
- Ujutro otopite na pari malo tamne cokolade i prelijte preko jagoda. Dobar tek!
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as sign up to receive new blog posts via email and subscribe to my newsletter.