I’ve always been a fan of simple recipes that are made with few ingredients but are still full of flavours and those of you who follow my work already know that my recipes fall into that category and are never complicated. This one that I’m sharing today is possibly one of the easiest and it only takes about 15 minutes to make but it’s still made with high quality ingredients and it’s kind of fancy too! 🙂
Last month I spent few days in Rome with my husband and we indulged in some lovely pasta dishes (of course being in Italy that’s a must!), one of them being the most simple but also the most delicious, fresh tagliatelle pasta with black truffle! So delicious! I knew I had to make it myself soon and I couldn’t wait to eat it again. Pasta is one of my favourite dishes but I don’t eat it often, I keep it for special occasions or those days when for one reason or another you want to treat yourself with something special and indulge a bit more than usual. I actually couldn’t believe when I realized that I don’t have any pasta recipes yet here on the blog and I think that needs to be changed right away, do you agree?! 😀
What is your favourite pasta dish? Please do let me know and maybe I can get inspired to share more of lovely pasta because that is one of those dishes that I think everybody loves! Today there are so many healthier options too, whole-wheat, gluten-free etc, I actually discovered an amazing Italian pasta made entirely from corn and chickpeas, so no wheat at all and it tastes so good you would never guess. So that’s a reason more why we can treat ourself with a nice plate of comforting pasta from time to time. 🙂
For today’s recipe I wanted to use classic fresh tagliatelle because that is the kind of pasta that in my opinion goes the best with truffle and the truffle is the star of this dish! Truffle is actually a kind of mushroom (fungus) that grows entirely under ground and is usually found near the tree roots. It is also one of the most expensive food in the world and that is because it is very hard to farm them since they only like very specific kinds of soil and trees. Truffles are very popular both in Croatia and Italy and there are delicious truffle ready meals that are much more affordable and perfect for making a quick and special meal to share with somebody you care about…
- 180 grams (a bit less than 7 ounces) fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 40 grams (1 heaped tablespoon) of ready black truffle meal (I used Croatian brand 'PRODAN tartufi'tartufata that besides black truffle contains olives, mushrooms, capers, olive oil and spices)
- 1 tbsp butter (I used ghee butter)
- 2 tbsp pasta water (water from the pot where pasta is cooking)
- 1 heaped tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Note: portion of fresh pasta is about 80-100 grams (3-3.5 ounces) per person (for lunch not starter)
- Boil the salted water in a large pot and when boiling add fresh tagliatelle pasta and cook following the instructions on the packaging (usually it takes only 2-3 minutes).
- In a larger saucepan melt the butter, add ready black truffle meal, 2 tbsp of pasta water and stir so it gets combined.
- Remove from the heat and add cooked and drained pasta, add grated Parmesan cheese and stir well. At the end drizzle with a bit of extra-virgin olive oil and serve warm with some shaved Parmesan on top. Enjoy!
*This is a sponsored post and all opinions are my own.