Hello dear people! Anybody in the mood for a slice of delicious Apple Sharlotka cake? 😀
Hopefully you are all well and happy on this Friday 13th! Well, it’s just a day like any other, right? Thankfully I never had anything dramatically bad happening on this date and well, let’s just hope it stays that way. 🙂
To sweeten a bit this Friday I am sharing a recipe for a simple, easy to make and very delicious apple cake called Apple Sharlotka. Honestly, apple cakes and pies are one of my favourites. It’s just something about apples, cinnamon and vanilla smells and flavours that makes me feel calm and gives a feeling of home, similar to the smell of freshly baked bread. Finally, it makes me hungry too! 😀
In conclusion, the recipe for this cake I found on internet few years ago and it’s a cake I bake over and over again. Specially if I have guests and not so much time (or the energy!) to make anything a bit more complicated. I hope you’ll give it a try and let me know how it turned out!
Recipe in English:
- 6 large, tart apples, such as Granny Smiths
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- Butter for greasing the pan
- Ground cinnamon, to finish
- Powdered sugar, to finish
- Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Line the bottom of a 26 cm (10 inch) springform pan with parchment paper.
- Butter the paper and the sides of the pan.
- Peel, halve and core your apples, then chop them into medium-sized chunks. Pile the cut apples directly in the prepared pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs with sugar until thick and ribbons form on the surface of the beaten eggs.
- Beat in vanilla, then stir in flour with a spoon until just combined. Batter will be very thick.
- Spread the batter and press it down with spoon or spatula into the apples. The top of the batter should end up level with the top of the apples. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a tester comes out free of batter.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on rack, then flip out onto another rack, peel off the parchment paper, and flip it back onto a serving platter. Dust lightly with ground cinnamon.
- Serve warm or cooled, dusted with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 6 vecih jabuka (kiselije jabuke)
- 3 veca jaja
- 1 salica (200 g) secera
- 1 zlicica vanilin ekstrakta
- 1 salica (125 g) brasna
- cimet i secer u prahu za posipanje
- Zagrijati pecnicu na 175 C.
- Pripremiti kalup za torte promjera 26 cm i obloziti ga papirom za pecenje.
- Premazati maslacem dno i stranice kalupa.
- Jabuke oguliti i narezati na kockice, stavite ih direktno na dno kalupa i rasirite da se pokrije cijelo dno ravnomjerno.
- U vecoj posudi miksajte jaja sa secerom dok ne dobijete gustu smjesu, dodajte vaniliju i umijesajte
- brasno dok se smjesa ne sjedini.
- Dobivenu smjesu prelijte preko jabuka i poravnajte. Pecite 55-60 minuta. Ostavite da se ohladi
- barem 10 minuta prije nego prebacite na tanjur za serviranje.
- Posipajte cimetom i secerom u prahu i dobar tek!
Hmmm….You don’t even know how I love Szarlotka!I could just jump in into my laptop screen and eat the whole lot!Looks incredible 🙂 Your page is lovely,looking forward to see some more beautiful photos and recipes.Hugs from rainy England 😉
Hi Bea! Thank you so much for your kind words!! I’m so happy you like it and I can say that the feeling is mutual as I like so much your blog and your yummy photos and recipes! Please stay in touch, hugs back to you from the sunny Alps! 🙂
Apple sharlotka is very popular cake especially in apple season. Your recipe is truly the same we use here. I like your blog so much. Wish you to continue on the same way. Will follow you with a pleasure!!!
Thank you so much for your kind comment! I’m very happy to have you here! 🙂
U made it last night for the first time and poor cake didn’t get to cool completely – my husband and I ate the whole cake at once! It really is delicious. Thanks for the recipe, Lili.
I’m so happy to hear that! Thank you! 🙂
to bu se sigurno peklo,ak ne sutra onda koji dan v tjednu 😉
Hvala draga Yaya, super je jednostavni i fini kolacic! 🙂