The markets here in Switzerland are full of beautiful Spring/Summer fruit like apricots, cherries, strawberries, blackberries…and I promise there will be recipes with those beauties too but since it’s so cold for the last week or so, I was craving something different, warm and sweet and I wanted my house to smell like cinnamon. It was either an apple pie (I have to do that soon!!!) or something quick and easy. Since I am so behind with editing, I decided to go for a ready-in-10-minutes version and just fry some bananas! The recipe is so simple but still wanted to share it here, in case somebody has similar craving…
Do you like bananas? I do but I was never a big fan of cakes and desserts with bananas, with a BIG exception of banana bread which I absolutely adore, specially if there is dark chocolate involved! It seems there is another exception ha ha, well these fried bananas I don’t make very often as they are quite sweet but occasionally and in small quantities I think they are just amazing quick little dessert.
There are so many versions of this recipe but this is the one I use and like, I hope you’ll do too! 🙂
- 2 ripe bananas (not too ripe)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple, agave syrup)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- pinch of salt
- For serving: coconut cream or Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream...
- Peel and cut bananas (1 cm pieces). Put a nonstick skillet on medium heat and add coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- When it melts and achieves the right temperature, arrange banana slices and fry about 4 minutes until golden brown. Then gently turn them on the other side and fry another 3-4 minutes. Make sure they don't burn (reduce heat if necessary) but just nicely caramelize. Enjoy them warm with some whipped coconut or regular cream, Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream!