I talked about how much and why I love autumn and basically all the seasons in my last post so I won’t be repeating myself as I don’t want to bore you! But really I am so excited for all the beautiful food that this time of the year brings us! Like the other day, me and my husband were just driving through the countryside a bit further from where we live and we came across this amazing installation with all the possible pumpkins you can imagine, honestly many of those I’ve never seen in my life! Big ones, small ones, round ones, long ones, strange ones, you name it, they had it all! Like all the pumpkins of the world came together to make me happy! 🙂
I get excited like a little child when I see things like that, anything related to the beautiful fresh food basically makes me ecstatic, I know I’m strange! But that’s why this is the right job for me I think. 😀
I was running from one pile of pumpkins to another and reading their names and admiring their shapes and sizes and of course wanted to buy them all! Since we didn’t have a truck with us but just a regular car, I had to choose and in the end my husband had to do most of the choosing as I just couldn’t decide which ones to buy. To finish this pumpkin story let me just say that I have a lot of them around the house and there will be some pumpkins related recipes on the blog in October! By the way, how many times did I say the word pumpkin?! Too many I think but before I say it one more time, let’s switch to apples! 🙂
Apple desserts have always been one of my favorite (besides dark chocolate of course!) and there is not much in this world that can smell better than combination of apple, cinnamon and vanilla baking in the oven. With colder months approaching there will be for sure some kind of apple pie or tart on this little corner of internet but today I’m sharing the most simple apple dessert – baked apples! This is the kind of dessert that our mums made for us when we were children and it’s a classic that never gets old. There are many versions and most of them include cinnamon and sugar and some kind of nuts. This is my version, I hope you’ll try it out and let me know what you think!
Recipe in English:
- 4 red apples
- 125 g (1 cup) mix dried fruit (I used cherries, aronia and cranberries mix)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F).
- Prepare the apples by washing them and taking the core out using an apple corer or a sharp knife.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients,
- Place the apples on a baking tray and stuff them with the prepared mixture and if there is some leftover, sprinkle it around the apples on the tray. Add 8 tbsp water to the tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until apples are soft.
- Let them cook slightly and eat them warm with some whipped coconut cream sweetened with a little bit of maple or agave syrup or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 4 crvene jabuke
- 125 g (1 salica) suhog voca po izboru (ja sam koristila tresnje, aroniju i brusnice)
- 2 zlicice cimeta
- 1 zlicica vanilin ekstrakta
- 3 zlice mljevenih badema
- 1 zlica kokosovog ulja, otopljenog
- 3 zlice javorovog sirupa (ili agavinog)
- 2 zlice kokosovog secera (ili smedjeg)
- Za serviranje: kokosovo vrhnje ili sladoled od vanilije
- Zagrijte pecnicu na 200 C.
- Pripremite jabuke tako sto ih operete i izvadite jezgru.
- U zdjelu stavite sve sastojke i promijesajte.
- Stavite jabuke na pleh (tepsiju) i napunite ih pripremljenom smjesom. Ako ima viska smjese, rasporedite oko jabuka. Dodajte 8 zlica vode u pleh.
- Peci otprilike 30 minuta ili dok jabuke ne omeksaju.
- Ostavite ih da se malo ohlade i servirajte jos tople s malo tucenog kokosovog vrhnja po zelji zasladjenog s malo javorovog sirupa ili sladoledom od vanilije. Dobar tek!