It’s March 16 and it was snowing here all day yesterday! I get it, we live in the highest town in Europe but common, we have enough of snow for a while and want some warmth and colors! Well, me at least, I’m sure all the people living here who are into skiing would disagree. It’s kind of sad that I live in a town which is basically a ski resort surrounded by beautiful ski slopes and I have zero wish to ski, I prefer sleighing or walking and hiking in the nature. I did ski a bit when I was a child and than some more in my early 20s but now I’m more into these other snow related activities! 😀
Today I have for you a recipe that couldn’t be easier but you already know that I love those kind of recipes, simple, easy to make, healthy and delicious! This one is just like that, Almond milk rice pudding with warm raspberry sauce…
I’m sure Rice pudding is a dessert that many of you associate with your childhood and have memories of eating it with some cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top. Good times! I made this dairy-free and refined sugar-free version that is equally creamy and delicious and so good in combination with warm raspberry sauce that is so easy to make. I use frozen raspberries and you can get those any time and not only when fresh ones are in season. Of course you can always make the pudding and eat it sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon and coconut sugar without raspberries. 🙂
I hope you’ll try it out, it makes a great little treat and I’m sure kids would love it too. If you want it to be a bit sweeter, you can always adjust the sweetness to your own taste but I find it delicious just the way it is.
Recipe in English:
- For the rice pudding
- ½ cup white rice (medium or short grain, like arborio)
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk + ¼ cup at the end
- 4 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For raspberry sauce
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- In a medium size saucepan put 3 cups of almond milk, rice, maple or agave syrup, pinch of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to boil over medium heat and let it cook over low heat for about 40 minutes, stirring frequently. You really should be stirring every 5 minutes, even more frequent towards the end.
- When most of the liquid is already absorbed and few minutes before it's finished, add 1 tsp vanilla and if necessary (if it's too thick) that ¼ cup of almond milk. Stir well and leave if to cook for few more minutes.
- At this stage you can taste and adjust the sweetness if necessary.
- Set it aside and leave to cool
- To prepare raspberry sauce, cook frozen raspberries and maple or agave syrup over low heat for about 10 minutes until it turns into sauce.
- Serve Rice pudding warm or cold (as you prefer) drizzled with warm raspberry sauce or just with some cinnamon and coconut sugar. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- Za rizin puding
- ½ salice bijele rize (srednjeg ili kratkog zrna, npr arborio)
- 3 salice bademovog mlijeka + ¼ salice na kraju
- 4 zlice javorovog ili agavinog sirupa
- malo soli
- ½ zlicice cimeta
- ⅓ zlicice muskatnog orascica
- 1 zlicica vanilin ekstrakta
- Za preljev od malina
- 1 salica smrznutih malina (ili svjezih)
- 1 zlica javorovog ili agavinog sirupa
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- U zdjeli srednje velicine ulijte mlijeko, dodajte rizu, javorov ili agavin sirup, malo soli, cimeta i muskatnog orascica.
- Zagrijte do vrenja na vatri srednje jakosti i zatim smanjite temperaturu i kuhajte na laganoj vatri oko 40 minuta, cesto mijesajuci. Promijesajte barem svakih 5 minuta, pogotovo pri kraju.
- Kad je vecina tekucine nestala, dodajte vaniliju i ako je potrebno jos ¼ salice bademovog mlijeka. Dobro promijesajte i neka se kuha jos par minuta.
- Kad je kuhano, mozete probati i prilagoditi slatkocu vasem ukusu.
- Ostavite sa strane da se malo ohladi.
- Za pripremu preljeva od malina (dok se riza kuha), u manjoj posudi kuhajte na laganoj vatri maline s javorovim ili agavinim sirupom 10-ak minuta.
- Posluzite rizin puding topao ili hladan preliven toplim preljevom od malina ili po zelji s malo kokosovog secera i cimeta. Dobar tek!
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as subscribe to receive new blog posts via email.
Leave a Reply