Hey, after quite some time I have a savoury recipe for you today, Tuna stuffed zucchini boats!
Moving back to Croatia…
It’s been really hot in Croatia last few days and all I wanted to eat were peaches, apricots, banana ice creams, smoothies, zucchini, cucumbers,tomatoes… Basically things that are refreshing and perfect for hot summer days! Talking about summer days, I’m so excited that in two days I will be going to Dubrovnik to spend few weeks with my family and friends and enjoying our beautiful Adriatic sea. It will be nice to finally relax after all the stress of the last two months, unexpectedly moving from Switzerland to Croatia, finding an apartment, organizing and unpacking everything by myself, starting over in a new place without knowing how long I am going to be here… do you need more…!?
But don’t think it’s been all bad, just very stressful. At the same time I had a chance to meet some old friends that I haven’t seen for a loooong time, meet some new ones, start discovering how much this city has changed in all these years since I lived here as a student, enjoying the benefits of big city after few years living in tiny little towns, being close to my sister, my little niece and nephew etc… It’s been a lot and I also continued to work hard all through this and even if that was something that kept me positive, it will be nice to take a moment to breathe and just be…
I will still be sharing new recipes as I have some delicious ones ready for you so make sure to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss out on anything yummy! 😀 of course I will be active on all my social media like my Facebook page and my Instagram. What are your plans for the summer, are you going anywhere for holidays or staying home?
This is one recipe that I use over and over again every summer when zucchini are in season, it’s simple, delicious and light enough for when it’s hot outside and you don’t feel like eating roasted meat and potatoes! 😀 In my family we all love it and I hope you will too! Let me know if you try this or any other recipe from the blog as I love hearing from you whether is here in the comments, on Fb or Instagram… So the recipe is very simple and I have only one advice, go heavy on that grated Parmesan cheese! 😀
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 cans of tuna in olive oil
- 1 small fennel (or celery stalk)
- 1 red onion
- grated Parmesan cheese
- oilive oil
- salt & pepper
- rosemary & thyme
- Preheat oven to 200 c / 390 F. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut in half each zucchini lengthwise and scrape out inside of each half (zucchini pulp) using a spoon. Chop the zucchini pulp and transfer to a bowl.
- In a a large pot boil salted water and when the water is boiling, add the zucchini halves. Let them cook for about 7-8 min. Remove them from the water and place gently to the baking tray. Sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- In a large pan drizzle the olive oil, add finely chopped onion and fennel (or celery) and sauté them for about 10 min adding a bit of water and stirring frequently.
- Add the zucchini pulp, salt, pepper and herbs as per your taste. Sauté for another 5 min, than add tuna, stir and remove from the fire.
- Fill the zucchini boats with the prepared mixture, sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese and bake for 15-20 min until golden brown.
- Serve them warm or cold. Enjoy!
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as sign up to receive new blog posts via email and subscribe to my newsletter.
Leave a Reply