Today I’m sharing a simple and easy summer dessert, baked apricots with vanilla and coconut!
Somehow every Summer I get really inspired by all the beautiful fruit and most of the desserts I make have fruit in it while in winter I go more for chocolaty desserts. Don’t get me wrong, I love my dark chocolate all year around but Summer fruit is my favorite as you may have noticed from the recent posts. 🙂
By the way, I already wrote a bit about my holidays plans but now those plans are finally taking shape and in about 2 weeks I’ll be leaving the mountains and going to the sea, going home… It’s great how when you live as an expat, you always have more than one home. There is the one where you live with your partner/family and that one in our case changes very often but as soon we arrive and I put out my kitchen tools and bake something, put our books and personal things out of the boxes and get some flowers in a vase, it’s home. Then there is the one where you come from and where your parents are, that is always home, no matter how old you are and where you actually live…So this summer will look a bit like this for me: mountains-sea-mountains-sea, there will be some travelling and I’m really excited!
More on that some other time and now back to this easy and delicious recipe.
- 6 apricots (ripe but firm)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 vanilla bean seeds
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- To serve: coconut cream (or regular cream) and flaked almonds
- Note: This amount of coconut sugar makes for a slightly sweet dessert, you can adjust the amount of sugar per your taste.
- Preheat oven to 200 C (395 F).
- Cut the apricots in half, remove the pits and put them in a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and mix until combined. Arrange the apricots on a baking tray previously greased with some coconut oil.
- Roast for about 15 min until soft. Serve still warm with some coconut (or regular) cream and sprinkle with flaked almonds. Enjoy!