This is officially my new favorite smoothie! Yum, yum! It is so good that feels like you are eating dessert for breakfast and actually it would be perfect also as an afternoon treat on those hot summer days. Besides that it’s delicious, it is also very good for you and that’s just the best! 🙂
Do you like cherries? I love them, besides berries they are my favorite fruit and since the markets here have been full of beautiful fresh cherries, I keep thinking of ways to eat them daily. This smoothie came as the result of that and I made it so many times already, can’t get enough!
Before I give you the recipe, I just wanted to say few words about holidays. When you have a job like my husband does in hospitality industry, it means that holidays are something you hear about, you dream of, you imagine how it would feel, you plan in your mind but very rarely you actually get to have them! It’s been quite a few years where we didn’t have any holidays together and that’s just one of the realities of this life, like everything else, it has its positives and its negatives. Not being able to have much quality time together is definitely one of the negatives. So when it seems that there is a realistic opportunity to actually have some holidays together, that makes it extra stressful for me as I of course would like everything to be perfect and in life it rarely does.
It gets specially complicated when you live as expat and you want to combine that free time between all the people you want to see back home, family members you want to spent time with (and they live in different part of the country or in our case in different countries which makes everything 10 times more complicated!) and of course some of that much needed time together. I don’t want to complain too much as I will be happy just if we actually manage to get away for a while but expat life makes many things that are easier in “normal” life much more complicated, planning your holidays being just one of them! So let’s see, I’ll keep you posted how it goes… Do you have anything planned for your summer holidays or you’ll just stay home and relax?
Back to smoothie. If you can get some cherries, make this, you won’t be sorry… 🙂
Recipe in English:
- 1 cup pitted cherries (pit removed)
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 small piece ginger (optional)
- ½ frozen banana (previously chopped and frozen)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cashew butter (or almond butter), optional
- Note: 1 cup = 250ml
- Put all the ingredients in food processor / blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately with some shredded coconut on top. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 1 salica tresanja (odstraniti kostice)
- ⅓ salice kokosovog mlijeka
- 1 zlicica kokosovog ulja
- 1 manji komadic svjezeg djumbira
- ½ prethodno zamrznute banane (ili svjeze)
- 1 zlicica chia sjemenki
- 1 zlicica bademovog ili maslaca od indijskih orascica (po izboru)
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- Stavite sve sastojke u vas blender i miksajte dok ne dobijete glatki kremasti smoothie.
- Posluzite odmah u zdjelici i posipajte kokosom. Dobar tek!