Because yesterday was the first day of summer, let’s start this week with a fresh and delicious salad perfect for summer days, Spinach, asparagus and strawberry salad!
Even to be honest, it’s good also on colder rainy days as I had it two times last week and the weather was miserable all week! Rain, rain, rain… And than some more rain. Oh yeah and temperatures of about 4-5 degrees C, more appropriate for November. :/ Living so high up in the mountains is beautiful but nothing can be perfect, right? But look at this yummy spinach, asparagus and strawberry salad!
It felt like summer eating it! That is until I looked through the window and saw mountain peaks covered with snow and the dark clouds of freezing rain above Davos… But anyway, today is the new day, new week and it’s already warmer and there is even a bit of sunshine coming through, yaaaay!
I am also preparing a post about Spring in Switzerland so there will be flowers and goats and sheep and green grass and cows and…you get the picture. I better hurry up with sorting those thousands of photos and choosing which ones to share! But I warn you, be ready for animal cuteness overload. 🙂
Back to the salad. I didn’t write the actual quantities in the recipe as it really depends for how many people you are making it. This quantity you see on the photos is perfect for main course for one person or side dish for two persons. It depends also how hungry you are ! 😀
- fresh spinach
- fresh strawberries
- goat feta cheese
- pine nuts
- coriander or parsley
- Dressing ingredients:
- tahini (sesame paste)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Start by roasting or grilling the asparagus 10-15 min until nice and crunchy.
- In the medium frying pan toast the pine nuts over medium heat until they start to get light brown color and there is a nice smell spreading through your kitchen.
- In a large mixing bowl combine fresh spinach leaves, roasted asparagus chopped in smaller pieces, fresh strawberries cut in half, goat feta cheese cut in cubes, add a bit of salt and mix. Serve in a salad bowl or a large plate and spread toasted pine nuts on top together with some fresh coriander or parsley leaves.
- Drizzle with dressing made of: 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp tahini and 1 tbsp honey.
- Note: Adjust the quantities depending for how many people you are making this salad for. Adjust the quantities for the dressing, this is enough for two people.