You know how I like simple and easy to make desserts? Well, this one couldn’t be easier! You just need few ingredients, put them in your blender and you’ll get a creamy and delicious dessert that you can enjoy any time of the day as it’s actually healthy and good for you, isn’t that just the best?! I will occasionally have a slice of ‘regular’ cake or a macaron but honestly most times I find them just way too sweet and nothing gets me more excited as making (and eating!) desserts that are good for our bodies, full of beautiful healthy ingredients but still taste decadent and delicious! 🙂
Has the Spring arrived in your part of the world? We had some beautiful, warm and sunny days but also some very cold ones when we had to pull out from closets our jackets again and that wasn’t fun! That was the weather like when I spent a week with my family in Dubrovnik over Easter holidays and that was so unusual for this time of the year but it happens I guess. I’m sorry I’m not posting more often here on the blog, it’s just that life has been kind of crazy and very stressful lately. I’ve also been working on few projects, been shooting a lot, had a lot going on in private life and now I have a move to another apartment and another part of the city coming at the end of the month so you can imagine how difficult it is to balance it all. But enough about difficulties and stress!
Let’s see what are some of the things that are making me happy at the moment (not necessarily in this order):
- Fresh local strawberries on farmers markets
- Sunny days and walks in the sunshine
- Coffees with friends and laughing until I have tears coming down my face
- Visiting my sister and cuddling and playing with my little niece and nephew
- Reading a good book curled up on the sofa
- Visiting my parents and being grateful that we have such a beautiful and loving connection
- Spending time with my best friend and cuddling her sweet little baby girl
- Creating, photographing, doing the work I love
- Being around animals and thinking/planning which pet I will get (should I get a dog, a cat, a bunny???)
- Daydream and plan my future travels
This method always works, when life gets difficult, just count some of the things that are making you happy and peaceful and you instantly feel better! I would love to hear what are some of yours! I am so grateful for all of you who are following me here and on my Facebook page and Instagram, reading my little stories, looking at my photos and trying out my recipes, that means the world to me so THANK YOU! If you are following me on Instagram and trying out some of the recipes from the blog, don’t forget to tag your photos with #travellingoven so I can see your beautiful creations and you can also always send me a photo on my Facebook page (taken with your phone, some of you worried about the photo quality, please don’t!).
I’ve already used cashews in my recipe, you remember these amazing Raw cashew butter chocolate cups or these yummy Coconut cashew ‘Raffaello’ balls? And now we have this creamy dessert that I’m sure you’ll love just like me! 🙂
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- ½ cup frozen cherries (or sour cherries)
- ½ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp maqui or acai berries powder (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- Soak the cashews the night before in water and leave them in the fridge.
- To make dessert put all the ingredients in your blender and blend until you get a smooth and creamy mixture. If necessary, you can add a little bit more milk when blending.
- To serve top with cherries and raspberry powder or other topping of your choice.
- Serve cold and enjoy!