Hey everybody! I’m so sorry I haven’t been so active lately here on the blog but life got in the way and I wasn’t able to make any new recipe or shoot anything at home for the last few weeks because I moved in the new apartment and there was just so much to do. I have been active as much a I could on my social media pages (do you follow me on Facebook and Instagram?) and I was still busy with work-related projects and different shoots but I miss my little studio and creating recipes, shooting and sharing with all of you! I also really really miss travelling but I have plans to change that in the near future! It’s just a little ‘slow-down’ period but I’ll be back with posting regularly as soon as I can. 🙂
The last two weeks I was mostly unpacking boxes which they seem like they never end, organizing, cleaning, buying some new furniture and appliances and overall trying to make the new place look more like a home and less like a storage! And all that in almost unbearable heat we’ve been having here in Zagreb, like 34 C and high humidity, I was literally melting! :/ And of course the heat wave hit its peak just exactly in those days when I was moving and had workers in the apartment and about million things to get done so yeah, as you can see it’s been ‘fun’! But I’m definitely not here to complain and bore you, just you know that I always try to be open and honest with you my dear readers so why try to make it look better than it is. It’s been tough and still is but slowly I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully soon I will feel like I have a home again where I can feel cozy and comfortable and safe.
That’s what home is about, it doesn’t matter how big or small it is, if it has a nice or not so nice view, if it’s modern or traditional or something in between, if the furniture is expensive custom made or Ikea… Important is that it feels good when you close the doors and turn the key, when you remove your shoes and walk barefoot, when you get all nice and cozy on the sofa with a cup of coffee in your hands or when you invite friends & family, people you love to share a meal, worries and problems, a place where you can safely cry on their shoulder and laugh until your stomach hurts. Some homes are full of people, some not so much but home is a home and it should be a safe place where you can leave the world in front of your doors and be yourself…with no masks and pretend, with all the flaws and weaknesses, where you accept yourself just the way you are.
So in my new kitchen I wasn’t doing much of the cooking due to all the mess and also the heat so I’ve been eating mostly salads, fruit, smoothies, granolas and all the simple things. And that’s how this simple dessert came to be! 🙂 It couldn’t be easier as you just need to make chocolate granola and than layer it in glasses with yogurt of your choice and fresh blueberries and you get a perfect combination of crunchy and refreshing so kind of just what you need in these hot summer days. Well, at least me and hope you do to! 😀
Recipe in English:
- For chocolate granola
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup (or agave)
- 2-3 tbsp raw cacao
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts (I used walnuts or pecans + Brazil nuts)
- ½ cup mixed seeds (sesame, chia and pumpkin)
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- For dessert parfaits
- (quantities depend on how many people you are making it for)
- homemade chocolate granola
- yogurt of your choice (I used bio soya yogurt but you could use Greek yogurt too)
- fresh blueberries
- Note: The quantities for granola make 2 larger jars of granola so about 10 smaller portions. For blueberries and yogurt I didn't put quantities as everybody can make layers as they wish.
- To make chocolate granola preheat oven to 170 C (338 F). Prepare large baking tray and line it with baking paper.
- Start by making the chocolate sauce. In a small saucepan combine coconut oil, maple syrup and raw cacao and stir over low heat until it's well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, mixed nuts, seeds and coconut flakes and stir with wooden spoon.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the oats mixture and stir it until all the oats/seeds/nuts are coated with chocolate.
- Spread the chocolate mixture in the large baking tray and bake it for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Once it's cooled store the granola in the glass jars, it will keep well for about 2-3 weeks.
- Serve it with cold milk of your choice, yogurt or make dessert parfaits.
- To make parfaits simply layer in the glasses some chocolate granola, yogurt and fresh blueberries and repeat two times until you get a dessert like in the photos. Serve cold and enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- SASTOJCI ZA COKOLADNU GRANOLU
- ½ salice kokosovog ulja, otopljenog
- ½ salice javorovog ili agavinog sirupa
- 2-3 zlice sirovog kakaa
- 2 salice zobenih pahuljica
- 1 salica orascica po izboru (npr orasi + Brazilski orascici)
- ½ salice sjemenki po izboru (npr. sezam, chia, suncokret)
- ⅓ salice kokosa (po zelji)
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- SASTOJCI ZA DESERT U CASAMA (kolicina ovisi za koliko se osoba radi)
- cokoladna granola
- jogurt po izboru (ja sam koristila bio soja jogurt, ali dobar bi bio i grcki jogurt)
- svjeze borovnice
- PRIPREMA COKOLADNE GRANOLE
- Zagrijte pecnicu na 170 C. Oblozite veliki pleh papirom za pecenje.
- Najprije u manjoj posudi na laganoj vatri otopite kokosovo ulje i dodajte kakao i javorov sirup te mijesajte dok se ne poveze i dobijete cokoladni preljev.
- Stavite sa strane da se malo ohladi.
- U vecoj posudi pomijesajte zobene pahuljice, mjesavinu orascica, sjemenki i kokosa.
- Prelijte pripremljenim cokoladnim preljevom i dobro promijesajte.
- Rasporedite smjesu po papiru za pecenje i pecite 20 minuta. Mozete 1-2 puta malo promijesati dok se granola pece.
- Ostavite da se ohladi. Spremite u staklenke i koristite po zelji s mljekom, jogurtom ili za pripremu deserta u casama.
- PRIPREMA DESERTA U CASAMA
- Slazite u case sloj cokoladne granole, jogurta i borovnica i ponovite dva puta da dobijete desert kao na fotografijama. Ohladite u frizideru i dobar tek!