You know how there are some flavour combinations that you just can’t resist!? For me one of those is chocolate and orange and if you feel the same than this is the recipe for you! I’ve been kind of obsessed with oranges and specially blood oranges lately. They are just the perfect way to fuel our bodies with vitamins and build our immunity, particularly during the winter season when we need all the help we can get to fight those nasty flu and cold viruses. By the way, if you want a really simple recipe that is full of gorgeous vitamins that will do miracle for your body, check out this Orange, carrot and lemon juice with turmeric and ginger!
Now let’s see this great little treat that is not only delicious, easy to make but also really healthy and good for us!
Those of you who follow me here on my little corner of Internet already know how I love very simple and easy to make desserts that don’t have too many ingredients and are not only delicious but also healthier than ‘classic’ desserts. Now, I said it already and I will say it again, that doesn’t mean that I never have a slice of ‘regular’ cake or a ‘classic’ dessert because I certainly do! Like how could I resist a delicious apple or cherry pie or buttery Christmas cookies? But I do keep those to be occasional and not every day thing, I love eating healthy, enjoying lots and lots of fruit and vegetables and making desserts with healthier ingredients. And if you are here and following my blog, than I guess you do too! 😀
So this recipe is perfect for you if you…
- love chocolate & orange combination
- like simple and easy to make recipes
- prefer recipes that don’t have too many ingredients
- like healthier refined-sugar free desserts
- are a vegan
- are on a gluten-free diet
- are in the mood for something chocolatey!
Recipe in English:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- ¼ cup / 50 g dark chocolate (70%), melted
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest, grated (untreated)
- pinch of cinnamon
- small pinch of salt
- Note: I prefer less sweet desserts so I used only 1 tbsp of maple syrup but feel free to use as much as you like.
- With these quantities you will get two small portions. Even if this is a healthy dessert, it's also rich in calories due to cashew nuts so small portions are enough.
- 1 cup = 250 ml
- Put all the ingredients in your blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- If necessary, add a little bit more orange juice so it's easier to blend.
- Taste and add more sweetened if needed.
- Serve in small bowls and top with orange zest and cacao nibs. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 1 salica indijskih orascica, prethodno namocenih u vodi (oko 8 sati)
- ½ salice svjezeg soka od narance
- 1 zlica sirovog kakaa
- ¼ salice / 50 g tamne cokolade (70%), otopljene
- 1-2 zlice javorovog sirupa
- ½ zlicice vanilin ekstrakta
- 1 zlicica naribane kore narance (neprskane)
- malo cimeta
- malo soli
- Napomena: ja preferiram manje slatke deserte pa sam koristila samo 1 zlicu javorovog sirupa, ali vi mozete prilagoditi slatkocu svom ukusu.
- Od ove kolicine dobit cete dvije manje porcije. iako je ovo zdravi desert, bogat je kalorijama zbog indijskih orascica tako da su manje porcije dovoljne.
- 1 salica = 250 ml
- Stavite sve sastojke u vas blender i blendajte dok ne dobijete gustu i kremastu smjesu.
- Ako je potrebno, dodajte jos malo soka od narance kako bi se lakse izblendalo.
- Probajte i po potrebi dodajte jos javorovog sirupa.
- Posluzite u malim zdjelicama i posipajte naribanom narancinom koricom i kakao zrncima. Dobar tek!