I’m sorry for being a bit silent here on the blog lately but there has been a lot going on and I’ve been really busy with different projects, both work related and private. But I appreciate so much every one of you who take the time to stop by, read my recipes and try out some of them, look at the photos, read my stories, comment and write to me, thank you with all my heart and it means more than I can express with words!
Last two weeks I spent in my hometown Dubrovnik and I had super busy schedule with very little time to rest and relax. I did however manage to have few lovely coffee & chat dates with my friends and some great time with my parents so it’s great that even in the busiest of days and among all the stress, we can (and have to!) still find the time for our loved ones and at the end of the day, for ourself. As I came back to Zagreb I had to start in full work mode straight away as I’m busy organizing my first (!!!) Food Photography workshop with my colleague Natalie and there is still so much to do. But I don’t want to complain as it’s all super exciting and I just LOVE what I do sooooo much that it’s ok to be totally tired from time to time. There are always cookies to save the day, right?! 😀
Anyway, what I wanted to tell you is that when I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything, I usually bake cookies! It help me to calm down and than there is nothing better than hide for a little while on the sofa under the blanket and have a cup of tea and some homemade cookies. Who is with me? 🙂 For that exact reason as soon as I came back home after being away for two weeks, I baked these cashew butter chocolate chip cookies and I wasn’t even planning on posting them on the blog (but rather just to eat them and take some photos) but they are so good that I just had to share them with you!
They are ‘melt in your mouth’ good and made with healthy ingredients too, there is absolutely no flour in them so they are naturally gluten-free and I made them egg-free for the reason that I didn’t get to go do my groceries yet that day and didn’t have any eggs in the fridge. You will need only few ingredients for these and I’m sure you will like them because:
- they are yummy, slightly chewy and ‘melt in your mouth’ good
- they are also made with healthy ingredients and actually good for you
- these cookies are vegan and gluten-free
- refined sugar-free as they are sweetened with coconut sugar
- very easy to make and baked in 10 minutes
- you need only one bowl when making them (so less dirty dishes to wash!)
Hope you’ll try these out and if you do, please let me know how you like them, I always love hearing from you! Also, don’t forget to sign up to mu blog if you don’t want to miss and new posts and subscribe to my newsletter (on the blog’s homepage)! Have a great day everyone and now let’s have some cookies if you agree! 🙂
Recipe in English:
- ¾ cup (250 g) creamy cashew butter, unsalted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax or chia 'egg' (1 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds + 3 tbsp water, mix and leave for few minutes)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ½ tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped (I used 70% cacao)
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- Preheat oven to 175 C / 350 F. Line large baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare flax or chia 'egg' by mixing 1 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds + 3 tbsp water and leaving for few minutes.
- In a larger mixing bowl combine cashew butter and coconut sugar and mix using electric mixer for few minutes until creamy and well combined.
- Stir in flax or chia 'egg', vanilla, salt and baking soda.
- Finally stir in chopped dark chocolate.
- Using your hands make small dough balls, place them on the baking tray leaving enough space between as they will spread when baking.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes. Don't over-bake, they should still be rather soft when you remove them from the oven but will firm up when cooled.
- Leave to cool completely before storing in airtight container. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- ¾ salice (250 g) kremastog maslaca od indijskih orascica, neslanog
- ½ salice kokosovog secera
- 1 'jaje' od chia ili lanenih sjemenki (pomijesati 1 zlicu mljevenih lanenih ili chia sjemenki + 3 zlice vode i ostaviti da odstoji par minuta)
- 1 zlicica soda bikarbone
- 1 zlicica vanilin ekstrakta ili ½ zlicice vanilije u prahu
- prstohvat soli
- ½ salice nasjeckane tamne cokolade
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- Zagrijati pecnicu na 175 C i obloziti veliki pekac papirom za pecenje.
- Pripremiti 'jaje' od chia ili lanenih sjemenki tako sto cete pomijesati 1 zlicu mljevenih lanenih ili chia sjemenki + 3 zlice vode i ostaviti da odstoji par minuta.
- U vecoj posudi za miksanje miksati elektricnim mikserom maslac od indijskih orascica i kokosov secer dok ne dobijete kremastu smjesu.
- Umijesajte 'jaje', vaniliju, soda bikarbonu i sol.
- Na kraju umijesajte nasjeckanu tamnu cokoladu i dobro promijesajte.
- Rukama radite male loptice od smjese i rasporedite na pekac ostavljajuci dovoljno mjesta izmedju jere ce se rasiriti dok se keksi peku.
- Pecite 10-12 minuta i pazite da se ne prepeku, trebaju jos biti mekani kad ih izvadite iz pecnice jer ce se stvrdnuti prilikom hladjenja.
- Ostavite da se potpuno ohlade prije spremanja u kutiju za kekse. Dobar tek!
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as sign up to receive new blog posts via email and subscribe to my newsletter.