Hi! As you could read in my last post, I’ve been home in Dubrovnik last week and had a great time with my family and friends! The weather was warm and sunny with all the beautiful Spring colors and smells so I enjoyed every minute of my time there. Now I’m back in the Alps and even if in the valley is already all beautiful and green with cows and goats enjoying the happy life outside on the sunshine, here on our mountain it’s still quite cold and we have freezing rain today. Hopefully it’s just few days like this and Spring will come to stay…
Today I’m sharing with you a recipe for delicious Peanut butter pancakes from Asima and her Haute Sucre blog (check it out, you won’t be sorry!). Asima is a talented Pastry Chef and her blog is full of amazing recipes that make your mouth water. This pancakes recipe from her blog I make over and over again, it’s actually very simple but so good and perfect for breakfast!
Do you like peanut butter and other nut butters? I have to admit that in Croatia those are not that popular as in some other countries and until recently I haven’t really had a habit of eating them. Having few American and British friends I heard often about their love for peanut butter and of course since I’m following about a million (more or less!) food bloggers and photographers, I have often seen recipes with some kind of nut butter in it. At the beginning I started eating them more out of curiosity but soon I started to really like them. I still eat them more as a treat rather than everyday thing though. The other day I even made my first almond butter and you know what, it was really good! I need to test it a bit more and than I’ll share it with you.
So if you like peanut butter, you will love these pancakes!
Recipe in English:
- ¾ cup all purpose flour /or GF flour mix
- ⅓ cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- ¾ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tblsp raw peanut butter (or regular)
- 1 tblsp coconut oil
- 1 cup milk (or soy, other nut milk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml.
- Makes approx 12 small pancakes.
- Mix all ingredients (except baking powder) in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and whisk in baking powder;
- Set aside for 5 minute while you prepare your pan or griddle with a little bit of oil (I use coconut oil). Make pancakes until they get golden-brown colour (you flip them on the other side when you see bubbles forming).
- Serve with maple syrup and raspberries or topping of your choice. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- ¾ salice glatkog brasna (ili GF brasna)
- ⅓ salice secera (ja koristim kokosov secer)
- ¾ zlicice cimeta
- ¼ zlicice vanilin ekstrakta
- prstohvat soli
- 2 zlice maslaca od kikirikija
- 1 zlica kokosovog ulja
- 1 salica mlijeka (ja koristim biljno mlijeko)
- 1 zlicica praska za pecivo
- Napomena 1 salica = 250 ml.
- Ovo je kolicina za 12 malih palacinki.
- Izmiksati sve sastojke (osim praska za pecivo) u blenderu dok ne dobijete gustu i glatku smjesu.
- Prelijte u manju posudu i dodajte prasak za pecivo, promijesajte.
- Ostavite sa strane 5 minuta dok ne zagrijete tavu s malo ulja (ja koristim kokosovo ulje).
- Pecite palacinke dok ne dobiju zlatno-smedju boju (okrenite ih na drugu stranu kad se pojave mjehurici).
- Posluzite s javorovim sirupom i malinama ili po vasem izboru. Dobar tek!