Happy Friday everybody! I have something delicious for you today, Cinnamon sugar blondies! 😀
Any exciting plans for the weekend? I’ve been really busy this week and quite stressed too so it will be nice to just have a relaxing weekend with my family and lots of play time with my little niece and nephew. Hopefully Autumn will treat us with a couple of sunny and not too cold days so we can spend some time outside in the nature. Some of my friends who live in Sweden have been posting magical photos of snow for the last few days and it made me miss “my” little town in the Swiss Alps where the snow blanket would cover the whole world and made it so peaceful and beautiful… Honestly, I don’t think I will ever again live in a place so beautiful as those mountains! However, there were other problems and limitations living there but that’s a whole other story, as far as the peace & beauty goes nothing can compare… But let me get back to here and now! 🙂
Last week my recipes have been published few time on different sites and one of the most popular recipes was my Carob & apple bundt cake with chocolate ganache. You can see it here on Journal.hr lifestyle magazine. It feels good to see my recipes and photos “out in the world” but the thing that makes me the most happy is when I get messages and emails from you my dear followers letting me know that you tried out some of my recipes and loved them or that you liked my photos, that makes my heart full of joy! <3 Therefore, just a reminder you can follow me on my Facebook page or Instagram too! 🙂
About these delicious blondies…
Firstly, me say few words about today’s recipe (finally, you may think!), these delicious blondies were one of the recipes I found online but in the original recipe they were made with butter and slightly different ingredients and their quantities so I made my own version with coconut oil and can I just say, they taste amazing!! Honestly, I couldn’t stop eating them, that good! The best part is that little crust made with sugar cinnamon, you have to try these. And you know how 99% of my recipes are refined sugar-free, well this one isn’t as I used light brown sugar here. Finally, also freeze well so you can make a double batch and put some in the freezer ‘for later” or just eat them all, totally up to you! 😀
Recipe in English:
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup spelt flour
- pinch of salt
- Topping: 1-2 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F. Line a 20x20 cm / 8x8 inch baking dish with baking paper.
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat and pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla and whisk well until all combined.
- Add flour, salt and nutmeg and whisk well until you get a thick mixture.
- Transfer the batter into the baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until tester comes out mostly clean. Don't over-bake.
- Leave to cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- ½ salice kokosovog ulja (otopljenog)
- ¾ salice kokosovog (ili smedjeg) secera
- 2 jaja
- 1 zlicica vanilin ekstrakta
- ¼ zlicica muskatnog orascica (po zelji)
- 1 salica psenicnog brasna
- ½ salice pirovog brasna
- prstohvat soli
- Za posipanje: 1-2 zlice secera + 1 zlicica cimeta
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- Zagrijte pecnicu na 180 C. Oblozite kalup velicine 20 x 20 cmo papirom za pecenje.
- Otopite kokosovo ulje i ulijte u zdjelu za miksanje.
- Dodajte secer, istucena jaja i vaniliju i dobro mijesajte pjenjacom dok se sve dobro ne poveze.
- Dodajte brasno, sol i muskatni orascic i mijesajte opet dok ne dobijete gustu smjesu.
- Rasporedite smjesu u pripremljeni kalup.
- Pomijesajte secer i cimet i posipajte po vrhu smjese.
- Pecite 20-25 minuta ili dok cackalica ne izadje uglavnom suha. Nemojte prepeci.
- Ostavite da se ohladi prije rezanja na kocke i serviranja. Dobar tek!