This recipe for Vanilla and cinnamon roasted plums is even too simple to call it a recipe but I have to share it as it’s so delicious!
On another note, it’s been a week since I came back home after being away for most of the Summer, combining rest and work in my hometown Dubrovnik. Even if I didn’t post much here on the blog, I was very active on my social media, Facebook and Instagram where you got to see some of the things I was doing and a lot of photos of beautiful Adriatic sea, Dubrovnik Old Town and surroundings.
I still have some travel blog posts to share but need to wait a bit as they were made as part of certain collaboration so they need to be published there first. In the meantime, I’m hoping to be more active in my kitchen now that the colder days are coming and I’m really excited about this Autumn and planning to enjoy all the little things that bring joy! Like beautiful apples and apple desserts, nature turning all shades of red & yellow, chestnuts, cozy rainy evenings, trips I’m planning to take, baking and so much more. Remember, it’s the little things in life that matter the most! 🙂
Are you looking forward to Autumn and all that it brings? I loved being home with my family this Summer and of course as always I loved the sea, the beach and ice creams but I really, really didn’t like the heat we had for the last 3 months! It got me so tired and even physically unwell on some days that I just wanted it to end and was dreaming of cooler days and nights.
And now that I’m back in Zagreb you can feel the change happening, temperatures are lower, nights much cooler, a little blanket is needed when you curl up on the sofa in the evenings and all this makes me happy! Is that weird? Hope not! 😀 Anyway, let’s go back to food!
You know already how I like to cook/bake seasonal and whenever I can using the produce that is in season. End of Summer is always when beautiful plums are in season and people are cooking jams, making plums desserts or eating them just as they are, sweet and juicy. I thought to share something very simple but so so good, these Vanilla and cinnamon roasted plums make such a quick and delicious dessert and a little treat. The spices I used make all the difference and besides that they will make these roasted plums taste ‘melt in your mouth’ amazing, they will also make your house smell heavenly and that’s always a good things! Hope you’ll give them a try and use some of those gorgeous plums…
There is one little news with my blog posts and that is that from now on all my recipes will include both English and Croatian version! So the blog posts will still be in English because my readers are international but because I have a lot of Croatian readers as well I think this will make it much easier for them to follow the recipes and hopefully be helpful! Please let me know what you think, I love hearing from you and want to make sure that the whole process of making my recipes is as easier as possible for all of you! Also, over the time I will do my best to update all published recipes so that they have Croatian version too, I actually already started doing it but with over 150 recipe it will take a bit of time…
Recipe in English:
- 8-10 plums, halved and pitted
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds scraped)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or 1 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 4-5 cloves
- 3-4 tbsp water
- For serving: coconut yogurt (or other of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 392 F.
- Arrange halved and pitted plums in a baking dish in single layer.
- Sprinkle the plums with maple syrup, vanilla seeds, add cinnamon sticks (or ground cinnamon), cloves and 3-4 tbsp water.
- Roast until plums get soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve with coconut yogurt (or other of your choice).
- Drizzle with little bit of maple syrup (optional, if you like sweeter desserts) and enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 8-10 sljiva, prepoloviti i odstraniti kosticu
- 1-2 zlice javorovog sirupa
- 1 stapic vanilije (sastrugati sjemenke)
- 2 stapica cimeta (ili 1 zlicica cimeta u prahu)
- 4-5 klincica
- 3-4 zlice vode
- Za serviranje: kokosov jogurt (ili drugi po vasem izboru)
- Zagrijati pecnicu na 200 C.
- Posloziti polovice sljiva u pleh (tepsiju) u jednom sloju.
- Poprskati sljive javorovim sirupom, sjemenkama vanilije, dodati stapice cimeta (ili cimet u prahu), klincice i 3-4 zlice vode.
- Peci dok sljive ne omeksaju, otprilike 20-25 minuta.
- Ostaviti da se lagano ohlade i servirati s kokosovim jogurtom (ili drugim po vasem izboru).
- Ako volite sladje deserte, mozete jos malo poprskati s javorovim sirupom. Dobar tek!
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as subscribe to receive new blog posts via email.
Snežana Knežević says
Tako jednostavno a ukusno. obožavam pečene šljive a još kokos. odlična kombinacija, koju ću morati da isprobam.
Puno hvala, odlicna je ova kombinacija! <3
This is so simple… yet so genious! I must hurry and make this delicious plums ASAP! 😀
Simple but so good, that’s how I like it! 😀 Thank you! <3