Within the last month I’ve been away quite a lot, from Istria to Dubrovnik and in between so I haven’t had that much time to post and I always feel sorry when I can’t post as much as I would like to. But I’m usually very active on my Facebook page and my Instagram so you can always find me there! 😀 Also, the best way to keep track on any new blog post is to subscribe so make sure you enter your email address and hit ‘subscribe’ button if you don’t want to miss any of my blog posts! I’m working on two travel posts at the moment (stay tuned if you like food and travel photography!) but I thought to share something delicious, creamy and refreshing before that so I came up with this simple but amazing Banana almond butter smoothie that is also very healthy and makes a great breakfast!
Since I just came back two days ago from a short visit to my hometown Dubrovnik I still had plenty of beautiful sweet pomegranate from my parent’s garden and I wanted to use it here because number one, it looks so pretty, number two it goes really well with flavours of this smoothie and three, it’s packed with vitamins and with colder weather and winter approaching, we need all the vitamins we can get, right!? 🙂
Talking about winter, are you ready for it? It seems so weird that Christmas decorations are already being set up on the streets and in shops! I want to take another moment to enjoy Autumn and all the beautiful things it brings before jumping into the pre-Christmas mood, definitely not ready yet! How about you? While Autumn is still here with us, make sure you try some of these delicious recipes like Pumpkin pancakes with maple syrup and walnuts (vegan) or Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (vegan)! Or my favourite Pumpkin and sweet potato soup that I just can’t get enough of, love it! But let’s go back to the smoothie now, hope you’ll give it a try and love it as much as I do!
Recipe in English:
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup oat milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp psyllium or flax seeds
- topping: pomegranate seeds
- Note: 1 cup = 240 ml
- Note: This smoothie is naturally sweetened with banana and I find it perfect as it is but if you prefer sweeter smoothies, you can add a little bit of maple or agave syrup.
- Put all the ingredients in your blender and blend until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Serve in a glass or bowl and top with pomegranate seeds or topping of your choice.
- It's specially delicious when a bit colder so I love using frozen banana here or keep it in the fridge a bit before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian:
- 1 banana, svjeza ili zamrznuta
- 1 salica zobenog mlijeka (ili drugog mlijeka po izboru)
- 1 zlica bademovog maslaca
- ⅓ zlicice cimeta
- 1 zlicica maca praha (po zelji)
- 1 zlica psyllium ili lanenih sjemenki
- za posipanje: sjemenka sipka tj, nara
- napomena: 1 salica = 240 ml
- Ovaj smoothie je prirodno zasladjen bananom i meni je ovako savrseno dovoljno sladak, ali ako preferirate sladje okuse, mozete dodati malo javorovog ili agavinog sirupa.
- Stavite sve sastojke u vas blender i miksajte dok ne dobijete glatku i gustu smjesu.
- Posluzite u casi ili zdjelici i posipajte sjemenkama nara ili po zelji.
- Ovaj smoothie je posebno ukusan kad je malo rashladjen pa savjetujem da koristite prethodno zamrznutu bananu ili ga stavite malo u frizider prije posluzivanja. Dobar tek!
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as subscribe to receive new blog posts via email.
Mmmm Looks Delish!!!
My INSTAGRAM account is messed up but I wanted to ask, what breed of dogs are in the adora photo of truffle hunting? That looks like so much fun!
CraZy phone, ….adorable photo….
Thank you Lea, I’m glad you like the photo! Those dogs I posted on Instagram are English Cocker Spaniel breed and they are adorable! 🙂
hi lea..! your somoothie looks sooooo yummy & delicious, well am so glad you like your photography, i can IMAGINE your smoothie smell and taste, Thanks for sharing…!
My name is Lili haha, thank you for visiting! 🙂