I’m feeling like Autumn is my favourite season but I have a slight feeling that song will change once Christmas starts approaching haha! 😀 But at the moment I’m really enjoying everything that Autumn has to offer, decorating my home and styling my photos with beautiful red and yellow leaves & tiny little pumpkins, eating roasted chestnuts and spending cozy evenings on the sofa under the blanket with a cup of tea in my hands, listening to the soothing sound of dry leaves under my feet or raindrops against my window, eating comforting food like a rich soup or apple and cinnamon porridge and of course eating all the pumpkins I can get my hands on! I’m talking all varieties of roasted pumpkin, pumpkin & sweet potato soup, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (did you see my last recipe?), chocolate & pumpkin brownies and pumpkin pancakes generously drizzled with maple syrup!
What do you say, are you with me on this? Any pumpkin fans out there? I would love to hear what are your favourite pumpkin recipes and have you tried out any from my blog, please share in comments, I always LOVE hearing from you! I do hope you will give these pancakes a try, they are so delicious but also made with healthy ingredients, vegan, refined sugar-free and with gluten-free option. I used my favourite spelt flour that I use almost in everything but also love these with chickpea flour what makes them gluten-free. You can use any toppings you like but I highly recommend trying this maple syrup & walnuts combination, all those flavours work really well together. I’m kind of craving them again and don’t tell anyone but I might just have them for dinner one of these days! I have those days when I love having ‘breakfast’ for dinner, anyone else? 😀
Besides other work projects, I’ve been working on a blog post about food photography workshop by Eva Kosmas Flores where I was helping out about a month ago so hopefully that will be posted soon! I’m really excited to share those photos and experiences with all of you! Interestingly I am actually going to the exact same place in beautiful Istria this weekend where I’ve been invited to attend an event at the truffles fair by Zigante truffle company. So my weekend will be filled with work, shooting, eating truffles with everything and cuddling cute truffle hunting dogs and I can’t wait really.. Hope your weekend will be great whatever you will be doing and if you happen to try out any of my recipes, feel free to let me know and say hi or here on the blog, on my Facebook page or my Instagram account!
And now let’s get back to the reason why you are here haha, the recipe for these yummy pancakes!!!
Recipe in English:
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (cooked or canned)
- 1 cup spelt flour (or chickpea flour for GF version)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup oat milk (or other milk)
- coconut oil for frying
- Topping: maple syrup and walnuts
- Note: 1 cup = 240 ml
- First start by cooking a pumpkin chopped in cubes and making a puree so you have enough for ½ cup (or more if you are making more pancakes). You can make this a day before and keep in the fridge overnight.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl combine pumpkin puree, milk and maple syrup.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients and whisk well so it gets thick and smooth.
- Heat up coconut oil in a pumpkin frying pan and take about 2 tbsp of batter per pancakes.
- Pancake is ready to flip on the other side when bubbles form.
- Once ready, top the pancakes with maple syrup and crushes walnuts. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 1/ 2 salice pirea od bundeve (kuhanog ili iz staklenke)
- 1 salica pirovog brasna (ili brasna od slanutka za GF verziju)
- 1 zlicica praska za pecivo
- ½ zlicice cimeta
- prstohvat soli
- 2 zlice javorovog sirupa
- ½ salice zobenog mlijeka (ili drugog po izboru)
- kokosovo ulje za przenje
- Za posipanje: javorov sirup i orasi
- Napomena: 1 salica = 240 ml
- Najprije skuhajte bundevu izrezanu na kockice i izmiksajte u pire tako da imate dovoljno za ½ salice (li vise ako pravite vecu kolicinu palacinki). Ovo mozete napraviti i dan prije i drzati u frizideru preko noci.
- U zdjeli pomijesajte brasno, prasak za pecivo, cimet i sol.
- U drugoj zdjeli pomijesajte pire od bundeve, mlijeko i javorov sirup.
- Dodajte smjesu od bundeve u suhe sastojke i dobro izmijesajte da se poveze u gustu glatku smjesu.
- Zagrijte malo kokosovog ulja na tavi i uzimajte otprilike 2 zlice smjese po palacinki. Palacinke su spremne za okretanje na drugu stranu kad se pojave mjehurici.
- Kad su gotove, prelijte javorovim sirupom i posipajte orasima. Dobar tek!
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as subscribe to receive new blog posts via email.
I can’t decide if I love more chestnuts or pumpkin, or…these fantastic pancakes!
Will try your recipe at first “baked pumpkin”
Thank you so much dear Aleksandra, hope you’ll love them! 🙂 <3