Finally new post! And a very delicious one if I may say! 🙂 There is nothing better than this creamy chocolaty homemade nutella that is full of hazelnuts and good stuff so you actually don’t need to feel guilty eating it with a spoon straight out of the jar! Isn’t that just the best?! 😀
It’s been a while since the last post but that’s how summer is for me, or I am travelling or family members come to stay with us for holidays so with these two combined, it’s not so easy to find a time and space to prepare, style, shoot and edit… But there will be plenty of time for that when the autumn winds and rains start so even if I would like to shoot and post more, I’ll just try to enjoy the free time and spending time with the people I love. Talking about autumn, since I came back to the Alps few days ago, it’s been quite a difference from hot summer weeks I had in Dubrovnik as here already seems like it’s October! Hopefully it’s just few days like this and the sun will come back as it’s way too early to be switching on the heating and wearing wool socks!
Anyway, I had to share this recipe with you because I am making it over and over again and so far everybody loves it. I’m specially happy that my little niece and nephew love it and now they are eating it without even asking for real nutella. I hope you will try to make it as it’s really so delicious and it’s almost unbelievable that it’s made with only few healthy ingredients! Who doesn’t like nutella, right? I was the first one to eat it from the jar or on the bread or pancakes. Honestly now I don’t miss it at all as I am making this version which I absolutely love.
One of the reasons to try this healthier version of “nutella” is that in the original one there is only about 13% hazelnuts and many other nasty artificial ingredients while in this one there is about 90% hazelnuts and only other two ingredients which are good for you. Plus the most important part is that it tastes amazing! Because who wants nutella that is healthier but doesn’t taste good!?
There are so many recipes on internet for homemade nutella, some with lots of sugar and butter and some with healthier ingredients. I tried few different ones but at the end I like the best this the most simple version from Deliciously Ella book that is full of easy and delicious recipes that are good for you. So the recipe is not mine, I just slightly adapted the quantities but all the credit for the recipe goes to Ella (see her website here)!
Recipe in English:
- 400 g (3.5 cups) whole hazelnuts
- 150 ml (half cup) maple syrup
- 2.5 - 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 150 ml (half cup) water
- ½ cup (100 g) dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F).
- Bake the whole hazelnuts on a tray for about 10 minutes, take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes.
- Put the hazelnuts in a kitchen cloth and rub them together until most of the skins come off.
- Place the hazelnuts in food processor and blend for about 10 minutes (depends on the strength of your processor) until they become like a paste. Then add maple syrup, cacao and dark chocolate previously melted over the steam, blend again for few minutes before pouring the water (it's important that all the ingredients are combined well before adding water).
- Note: You will need a stronger food processor to get a smooth and creamy "nutella".
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 400 g (3½ salice) ljesnjaka
- 150 ml (1/2 salice) javorovog sirupa
- 2.5 - 3 zlice sirovog kakao praha
- 150 ml (1/2 salice) vode
- 100 g (1/2 salice) tamne cokolade, otopljene
- Zagrijte pecnicu na 200 C. Oblozite veliki pleh (tepsiju) papirom za pecenje.
- Pecite cijele ljesnjake 10-ak minuta, izvadite ih iz pecnice i ostavite da se ohlade 10 minuta.
- Stavite ljesnjake u kuhinjsku krpu i trljajte prstima kako bi se sto vise ogulili.
- Tako djelomicno oguljene ljesnjake stavite u vas multipraktik mikser i miksajte 10 minuta (ovisno o snazi vaseg multipraktika) dok se ne pretvore u gustu smjesu. Zatim dodajte javorov sirup, kakao prah i otopljenu tamnu cokoladu. Miksajte jos malo i zatim na kraju dodajte vodu i miksajte dok se sve dobro ne poveze i sjedini.
- Spremite u staklenke i drzite u frizideru. Dobar tek!
- Napomena: Da bi dobili glatku i kremastu 'nutellu' trebat ce vam multipraktik jace snage.