So there are exactly 10 days left till Christmas Eve! Time really goes by too fast and this December is just flying, there is still so much to plan and so much to do. But step by step all will be done and even if we don’t manage to do all as planned (more or less that happens every year!) it’s still ok and it’s all good. We need to remember what is the most important, spending time with our loved ones, spreading love, positive energy, prayer and enjoying all the little things that we do this time of the year. Like baking cookies, listening to Christmas music, watching those lovely Christmas movies, having a cup of coffee or hot chocolate with a friend, sharing a meal… I still have few cookies recipes to share that would be perfect for holidays but first I wanted to share this idea for an appetizers or just as finger food if you are organizing a gathering with friends or family. This one is for those who eat fish as both suggestions are with sea food. I personally love it and I hope you do too! 🙂
They are so easy to make but they look festive and really cool, would be perfect also for New Year’s Eve! You need few fresh good ingredients and just a bit of time to put them together, could’t be easier. On a side note, how is the weather in your part of the world? Any global warming signs? :/ Here in the Swiss Alps it’s really unbelievable that we still don’t have any snow!? That’s so terrible for the winter season and all the tourists that come here for the skiing and snow, I hope that this will change soon and that we will have that White Christmas! I mean, if not here on this altitude of almost 2000 m, than where?
Let’s go back to our delicious appetizers. You need some of these…
…to make these!!! 🙂
- For Prawns appetizers:
- 12 prawns, cooked (grilled)
- 1 avocado
- lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- pinch of salt
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- fresh coriander
- toothpicks for assembling the bites
- Note: you can use all red cherry tomatoes or to make more colorful version use different varieties like I did.
- For Smoked salmon appetizers:
- 12 small slices of smoked salmon
- 12 thin slices of cucumber
- fresh cheese (or soya cheese for dairy-free)
- 1 loaf of rustic bread (baguette)
- fresh dill
- Note: adjust the quantities depending for how many people you are serving!
- To make Prawns appetizers first make avocado paste by blending cubes of avocado with lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Put in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook (grill) the prawns for few minutes on a bit of olive oil over medium heat. Once cooked set aside.
- Cut the cheery tomatoes in half.
- Assemble the bites by putting on toothpicks cooked prawn, a bit of avocado paste, half cherry tomato and fresh coriander.
- To make Smoked salmon appetizers slice the salmon in small pieces, slice the cucumber into thin slices and cut the bread / baguette.
- Assemble the bites by spreading some fresh cheese on the sliced bread, putting a slice of smoked salmon, cucumber and fresh dill.