I two very healthy breakfast recipes for you this week and today is Friday so that means it’s time for cookies! 😀 If you like peanut butter than you’ll like these peanut butter chocolate cookies, they are seriously good!
Peanut butter is actually not something that I eat very often, not as nearly as almond butter or cashew butter for example, those two are my favorite nut butters but if I do eat peanut butter, then it’s mostly in cookies or some kind of dessert. UPDATED: this has changed over the last few years and now peanut butter IS my favourite nut butter LOL! 😀 Having said that, I still eat it in cookies and desserts but also by spoon or with different jams combinations for breakfast.
More about peanut butter… and cookies
I believe that in some countries like United States or UK most people love peanut butter and peanut butter & jelly or jam sandwich is kind of a must in most of the households. But in most of Europe including my own country Croatia, it’s not something that people actually eat that often. It’s interesting to think how some food that is so common in one country, doesn’t get as nearly as much appreciation in another. Anyway, if you happen to like peanut butter or you normally don’t eat it but want to try something a bit different, make these cookies, they literally melt in your mouth.
And than there is that beautiful dark chocolate that makes everything even better. 😀 Great thing about these cookies (besides that they are so yummy!) is that there is absolutely no flour in them so they are naturally gluten-free and great for those who try to avoid gluten in their diet. When I was testing this recipe, I had way too many cookies at home so I brought some to a friend when I visited her and was so happy that she loved them so much!
Honestly, those little things make me so happy! 🙂
This is how they look like before baking…
And this after the baking…
They are soft, chewy from the inside, full of peanut butter and chocolate flavour, heaven if I may say so myself!
Otherwise, I don’t have that much to write about as the life I must admit hasn’t been all that interesting lately and it had its challenges. Mainly it’s been work and hoping for better times to come, hopefully they will soon… What about you? How is your Spring been so far (or Autumn if you are on the other side of the world!)? I do share a bit more about my life and some other food and not-food related stuff on my social media so I hope you’ll follow me on my Facebook page, my instagram account, my Pinterest where I pin a lot of beautiful food photography and great recipes.
Being on social media is such an important part of this job but it does take a lot of time and can also make you procrastinate and spend too much time following all the people whose work you love so it’s all about balance. But I’m still learning that and have to be better at organizing my time and prioritize… And now, let’s treat ourselves and have some cookies!
Recipe in English:
- 1 jar peanut butter (350 g / 0.77 lb)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Note: 1 cup = 250ml
- Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add egg, baking soda, vanilla and salt and mix until it's all combined.
- Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Using 1 tbsp of batter per cookie, make little balls and place them on prepared baking tray leaving enough space between as the cookies will spread when baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before transferring to wire cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
- Note: Don't leave them in the oven longer than 10 min, they will look very soft and under-done but they will harden as they cool down.
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 1 manja staklenka maslaca od kikirikija (350 g)
- ¾ salice kokosovog secera
- 1 jaje
- 1 zlicica vanilin ekstrakta
- 1 zlicica soda bikarbone
- prstohvat soli
- ½ salice tamne cokolade, nasjeckane
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- Zagrijte pecnicu na 175 C i oblozite veliki pekac papirom za pecenje.
- U vecoj posudi miksajte el. mikserom maslac od kikirikija i kokosov secer.
- Dodajte jaje, sodu bikarbonu, vaniliju i sol i miksajte dok se sve dobro ne poveze.
- Umijesajte nasjeckanu cokoladu.
- Rukama radite male kuglice (oko 1 zlica tijesta po keksu) i slazite ih na pekac ostavljajuci dovoljno mjesta izmedju jer ce se rasiriti pri pecenju.
- Pecite 10 minuta. Izvadite iz pecnice i ostavite da se ohlade par minuta prije prebacivanja na tanjur ili resetku za hladjenje. Spremite u kutiju za kekse.
- Napomena: Nemojte ih peci duze od 10 minuta, bit ce vrlo mekani kad ih izvadite iz pecnice, ali ce se stisnuti prilikom hladjenja.
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as sign up to receive new blog posts via email and subscribe to my newsletter.