Even if my last recipe was with cherries (did you try this yummy vegan Cherry chocolate cake?) I decided cherries deserve another recipe posted on the blog before their season is finished here in Croatia. I officially proclaim cherries my favourite fruit! 😀 But I’m also really really excited about blueberries and raspberries! What is your favourite Summer fruit? It’s difficult to choose, right?
I’ve been busy with different photography projects and planning workshops (I still NEED to post about my workshop held in April in Zagreb and I promise to do it soon!!!) so I didn’t have that much time for the blog but I’m happy I managed to post my travel story from beautiful Ljubljana, Slovenia and hopefully there will be more travel stories soon. I have actually something planned for July and I seriously can’t wait! If you are following me on my social media, I’ll be sharing there more before I manage to write a blog post so stay tuned if interested! 🙂 Now back to food yaaay and today’s recipe!
This is honestly such a simple recipe that doesn’t require any baking skills and those are my favourite but you know that already, don’t you!? 😉 You just mix some simple wholesome ingredients, bake them for about half an hour and you get this yummy dessert that you can serve as I did and layer it in glasses with yogurt of your choice. I specially like it cold, it’s so refreshing and satisfying, hope you’ll give it a try!
I’m sure you will love this delicious dessert if you:
- want a simple dessert that is very easy to make
- prefer healthier desserts made with wholesome ingredients
- want to make a naturally sweetened dessert without refined sugar
- are looking for a vegan or/and gluten-free dessert recipe
- want to impress your family / guests with minimum effort and work
- if you love cherries
Recipe in English:
- 1½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup oats
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cashew or almond butter
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups of cherries, pits removed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- yogurt of your choice for serving
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 356 F. Line a 20 x 20 cm / 8 x 8 inch baking pan with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine coconut flour, oats, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, cashew or almond butter and salt. Stir well.
- In another bowl combine cherries (pits removed), tablespoon of maple syrup and tablespoon of coconut flour.
- In prepared baking pan put ⅔ of coconut flour/oats mixture, than spread cherries on top and sprinkle with the rest ⅓ of mixture.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool before serving in glasses layered with yogurt of your choice.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. Enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 1½ salica kokosovog brasna
- 1 salica zobenih pahuljica
- ⅓ salice javorovog sirupa
- ½ salice kokosovog ulja, otopljenog
- 1 zlicica vanilin ekstrakta
- 1 zlica maslaca od indijskih oracica ili badema
- prsothvat soli
- 3 salice tresanja, ociscenih
- 1 zlica javorovog sirupa
- 1 zlica kokosovg brasna
- jogurt po izboru za serviranje
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- Zagrijte pecnicu na 180 C i oblozite kalup velicine 20 x 20 cm papirom za pecenje.
- U vecoj posudi pomijesati kokosovo brasno, zobene pahuljice, javorov sirup, kokosovo ulje, vanilin ekstrakt, maslad od badema ili indijskih orascica i sol. Dobro promijesati da se sve poveze.
- U drugoj posudi pomijesati ociscene tresnje sa zlicom javorovog sirupa i zlicom kokosovog brasna.
- Rasporediti ⅔ pripremljene smjese u kalup, po smjesi rasporediti tresnje i posuti s ⅓ preostale smjese.
- Peci oko 35 minuta ili dok crumble ne dobije zlatno smedju boju.
- Pustiti da se ohladi prije serviranja. Servirati u case sa slojevima jogurta po vasem izboru.
- Posluziti na sobnoj temperaturi ili hladno. Dobar tek!
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as sign up to receive new blog posts via email and subscribe to my newsletter.