I know, it’s Friday and usually I post something sweet just in time for the weekend but this time I’ll change things up a bit and share this delicious savory spring recipe! Since asparagus started to make an appearance in our little shops here in Davos, I just can’t stop buying them (and eating!!!). Good that they are so healthy so I can eat them as much as I like without worrying about what I’m doing to my body! 🙂
Did you know that ssparagus is low in calories and is very low in sodium. It is a good source of vitamin B6, calcium, magnesium, and zinc, and a very good source of dietary fibre, protein, beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, phosphorus, potassium, copper, manganese, selenium and the list goes on…
So you really can eat these green beauties as much as you want now that they are in season (in Europe) and enjoy all their benefits. Do you like asparagus? What is your favorite way of eating them? I usually eat them roasted and just drizzled with a bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt or I make frittata with them but sometimes when I want to indulge a bit more I roast them with lots of grated Parmesan cheeses on top, yum!
If you’ve been following my blog, you know already that I like to keep my recipes nice and simple and you won’t really find here complicating methods of cooking, recipes that take hours to prepare and the ones that include 20 ingredients and counting. I’m all for simplicity and that’s what also agrees with my body, my digestion and my general well-being so that’s how I cook and how I eat.
Today I’ll keep it short as I have a lot going on at the moment and life has been a bit crazy and not exactly as planned or wanted. But we all have to deal with whatever cards we were given and do our best. Maybe soon I’ll have some more news to share with you but for now enjoy this light, delicious and nutritious meal and have a great weekend whatever you’ll be doing!
- 8 stalks of green asparagus
- handful of rocket (arugula) salad
- 2 eggs, fried
- grated Parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of salt
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 190 C (375 F). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Trim asparagus by bending each stalk until it snaps and breaks. It will break automatically just where the woody hard part ends.
- Place the trimmed asparagus onto the baking tray and drizzle with a bit of olive oil an a sprinkle of salt. Great generous amount of Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on top.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Fry the eggs to your preference.
- Serve asparagus on the bed of rocket salad drizzled with olive oil and place the fried eggs on top. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply