Can you believe that tomorrow is New Year’s Eve?!!! What are you doing tomorrow, going somewhere or staying home? Would love to hear from you! 🙂 It’s so warm here in the Alps (waaaay too warm!) and there is no snow so I don’t have a feeling that it’s almost New Year. If I was somewhere near the sea, like back home in Dubrovnik or in south of Turkey where I lived before Switzerland, than I wouldn’t expect snow and it would be totally ok, even wonderful that is warm and sunny this time of the year but because I’m now living so high up in the mountains, you kind of expect to be cold and snowing!
Anyway, these days are happy days because I have my sister with her family here and I’m spending my days with them (specially the little ones!) and not so much working. But that’s ok, there will be time to work more after they leave, now I want to enjoy the family time as much as possible.
Still, I wanted to post something before the end of the year and after all the cookies we had (see the last few posts!), I thought to share something a bit healthier this time! 🙂 I know for some of you maybe kale salad doesn’t seem that interesting but I hope that seeing these photos will change your mind. Kale is definitely one of the healthiest vegetables and in this salad works so well with sweet roasted vegetables and freshness of pomegranate, it looks festive and colorful and it tastes great too.
It can be a healthy lunch or a great side dish for any festive occasion. I love it and I hope you will too!
Before sharing the recipe, just a few more facts on kale… Kale or leaf cabbage is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, folate, and manganese (raw kale). It’s also a good source of vitamin E and several dietary minerals, including iron, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus. Boiling raw kale diminishes these nutrient contents, with the exception of vitamin K. That’s why it’s best eaten raw but the important part when preparing it is to massage it (squeeze with your hands) for few minutes so it becomes more tender and soft.
Just want to wish you all a wonderful New Year’s Eve tomorrow, have a great time whatever you will be doing and start the New year with a smile on your face and joy in your heart! Thank you so much for following my work in 2015, it means so much to me and I’m looking forward to all the new recipes, projects and many photos in 2016! Happy New Year everyone!!!! 🙂
- 1 raw kale (chopped in small pieces and massaged)
- 2 sweet potatoes (roasted)
- 2 parsnips (roasted)
- Feta cheese
- pomegranate (handful)
- pecans (handful)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F). Prepare large baking paper and line it with parchment paper.
- Peel sweet potatoes and parsnips and cut them in smaller pieces. Place them on the tray, drizzle with olive oil and salt. Roast for about 40 minutes until well roasted.
- Cut kale in small pieces, add 1 tbsp olive oil and massage it with your hands for about 3 minutes until it gets more tender and soft.
- When vegetables is roasted, remove it from the oven and let it cool for few minutes.
- In a large salad bowl combine raw kale (massaged), roasted sweet potatoes and parsnips, cubes of Feta cheese, handful of pomegranates and pecans and drizzle with more olive oil and salt as needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This looks so colourful, nutritious and delicious ♥
Thank you so much, I’m happy you like it!