It’s time for chocolate yaaay!!!! Beautiful dark decadent chocolate that makes everything better and ease all our problems! 😀
I’m back from Dubrovnik and after a much needed break back to working full time. I mean, sure I did some work while I was there too but I also took enough time to rest and spend time with my family and friends. After a stressful period of moving countries and everything else that came along, that was just what I needed so now I’m motivated to work and start this new city life.
I must admit that I do miss those beautiful Swiss mountains and I probably will for quite some time. Specially now that the air is getting cooler in the evenings and it’s a gentle reminder that before we know it Autumn will be here. And that makes me think of those purple pink sunsets in the Alps, magical red & yellow carpets of Autumn leaves, abundance of all possible varieties of pumpkins in the cutest little villages, cows on the hills eating the most of that fresh grass before the first snow arrives while their bells proudly ringing through the morning mist…
Those of you who followed me here on my blog last year already know how much I was enchanted by the nature and beauty of Swiss Alps so yes, I do miss it… You can see some of that beauty in spring & summer when the nature is lush and colorful (here) or in winter when it seems that the white carpet covered the whole world (here)…
Enough with me being nostalgic! Let’s go back to the thing that chase all that blues away, chocolate!!! 🙂
These Dark chocolate coconut oil brownies are so good trust me! Fudgy and very chocolaty, not overly sweet so perfect for all of us dark chocolate lovers. 😀
Brownies are usually made with butter but I wanted to make them with coconut oil and still have the similar texture and all that gorgeous fudginess (is that even a word lol!?). Now I have to tell you that I made these 3 times to achieve the taste and texture that I had in mind so now my freezer is full of brownies but I am definitely not complaining about that! Dark chocolate brownie dipped into a glass of cold almond milk is pretty much best thing ever!
I hope you’ll try them and like them as much as I do, please let me know, I always love hearing from you no matter if it’s here on the blog, on my Facebook page (here) or Instagram (here).
Oh just a note that for the quantities used in the recipe you should use 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) square baking dish and if you use a larger rectangular baking dish, you should double up the quantities.
Recipe in English:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate (I used 64% cacao)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or raw cane sugar)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ cup spelt flour (or flour of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Optional: handful of chopped dark chocolate or chopped pecans / walnuts
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Prepare 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) square baking dish and line it with baking paper (no need to do that if you are using a silicone one).
- Over steam slowly melt coconut oil and chopped chocolate. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- When it's cooled add sugar and vanilla and stir.
- Add one egg at a time and each time whisk until the mixture is combined.
- Add cacao, and salt, stir. Finally add flour and whisk it in until you get a well combined thick chocolate mixture.
- You can add a handful of chopped chocolate or pecans / walnuts (optional).
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for about 25 - 30 min (do not over-bake!).
- Leave to cool before slicing into squares.
- Keep for up to 2 days in the airtight container at room temperature. You can also keep them in the fridge but keep in mind that they will harden because of the coconut oil.
- Dip them in the glass of milk of your choice and enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 1 salica kokosovog ulja
- ½ salice nasjeckane tamne cokolade (ja sam koristila 64% kakao)
- 1 salica kokosovog secera
- 3 jaja
- 2 zlice sirovog kakaa
- ½ salice pirovog brasna (ili drugog po izboru)
- 1 zlicica vanilin ekstrakta
- prstohvat soli
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- Po zelji mozete dodati u smjesu komadice tamne cokolade ili nasjeckane orahe.
- Zagrijte pecnicu na 175 C.
- Pripremite kalup velicine 20 x 20 cm i oblozite ga papirom za pecenje (nije potrebno ako koristite silikonski kalup).
- Na pari lagano otopite cokoladu i kokosovo ulje. Ulijte u vecu posudu i pustite da se malo ohladi.
- Umijesajte secer i vaniliju.
- Dodajte jedno po jedno jaje stalno mijesajuci do se svi sastojci ne povezu.
- Dodajte kakao, sol i brasno, dobro promijesajte.
- Mozete umijesati i kockice cokolade ili nasjeckane orahe.
- Rasporedite smjesu u pripremljeni kalup i pecite 25-30 minuta (nemojte prepeci!).
- Ostavite da se ohladi prije rezanja na kocke i posluzivanja.
- Pohranite u zatvorenoj kutiji do dva dana na sobnoj temperaturi. Mozete ih drzati i u frizideru, ali ce se tako malo stvrdnuti (zbog kokosovog ulja).
- Uzivajte uz casu mlijeka po izboru, dobar tek!
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as subscribe to receive new blog posts via email.
They look completely, totally perfect!
I hpe you settle into city life soon.
Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful recipe and these loely shots
Thank you so much dear Kimberly for your sweet words!<3
Auuu 😋 Lili pa tko to sve pojede? 😁😘
Haha nadje se uvijek netko bez brige! 😀