After all the chocolate in my last post (in case you missed that Carob & apple bundt cake with dark chocolate drizzle, you can see it here) it’s time for a savoury recipe and these Zucchini, carrot & cheese fritters are a great little recipe for any time of the year. They are delicious and fritters are those kind of food you can have for lunch, snack or dinner, specially when they have some vegetables in there too! I already have Zucchini & corn fritters on the blog (for recipe see here) so why not add another one!? 🙂
These are full of good flavours and so easy to make, the biggest job is to just grate those zucchini and carrots and than you just mix everything in one bowl and make the fritters. You can make them smaller by using just a tablespoon of batter or a bit bigger like these ones I made. If you make bigger ones, make sure you fry them enough so they are crunchy from the outside and cooked enough inside. I don’t fry very often but when I do than I normally use coconut oil, the one without coconut flavour and smell but you can of course use the oil you choose. These also have grated cheese inside and you can use any cheese you like, I used one of Croatian hard cheeses but really anyone would work. I also used homemade kefir that I make myself but you can use natural yogurt instead if you don’t have kefir.
Recipe in English:
- 2 large zucchini, grated and all excess water squeezed
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 small red onion or ⅓ of large one, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 cup flour (I used spelt)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup kefir or natural yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric (curcuma)
- thyme, rosemary (or other herbs you like)
- oil for frying (I use coconut oil)
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- Grate zucchinis and squeeze well all the excess water using kitchen paper towels. Put them in a large mixing bowl.
- In the same bowl add grated carrots and finely chopped onion.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are well combined.
- The mixture should be thick so if you see that your one is a bit too liquid, add another 1-2 tbsp of flour and stir.
- In a large frying pan heat oil and fry fritters few minutes on each side until they are golden brown and cooked inside. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe in Croatian / Recept na hrvatskom:
- 2 vece tikvice, naribane i iscijedjene
- 3 mrkve, naribane
- 1 manji crveni luk, sitno nasjeckan
- 2 jaja
- 2-3 zlice naribanog sira (Parmezana ili po vasem izboru)
- 1 salica brasna
- 1 zlicica sode bikarbone
- ½ salice jogurta ili kefira
- 1 zlicica soli
- ½ zlicice kurkume
- majcina dusica, ruzmarin (zacini po izboru)
- ulje za przenje
- Napomena: 1 salica = 250 ml
- Naribajte tikvice i dobro iscijedite svu suvisnu tekucinu koristeci kuhinjske papirnate rucnike.
- Stavite naribane tikvice u veliku posudu.
- U istu posudu dodajte naribanu mrkvu i sitno isjeckan luk.
- Dodajte sve ostale sastojke i dobro pomijesajte dok se svi sastojci ne povezu. Smjesa treba biti gusta, a ako je jos uvijek malo rijetka, mozete dodati jos 1-2 zlice brasna i pomijesati.
- U velikoj tavi za przenje ugrijte ulje i przite popecke nekoliko minuta na svakoj strani dok ne dobiju zlatno-smedju boju. Posluzite tople i dobar tek!
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as subscribe to receive new blog posts via email.
Leave a Reply