World has been such a crazy place lately and it seems that every morning we wake up to some horrible news waiting for us. That’s why I really really needed this time around my family and friends and in my hometown where I feel safe and somehow protected from everything bad in this world of ours. But let’s not think about all that and focus on the positive! The little things that make every day a bit better and happier! Like this delicious and healthy Peach crumble that is such a yummy little treat on these hot summer days.
Summer fruit makes everything better…
I am obsessed with summer fruit this year and I can’t have enough of it! If you follow my blog, you kind of got that idea already I think. Just remember that delicious, juicy Strawberry cake (here) or those yummy, chocolaty Cherries & chocolate blondies (here) or that Apricot millet vanilla pudding (here)! And now is time for peaches, sweet juicy peaches that make everything better, at least in my world ha ha. 😀
Crumble is one of those easy simple recipes that everybody likes, normally it’s made with butter but I made mine with coconut oil and coconut sugar and it’s equally delicious but just a little bit better for us. You can use any sugar you want of course but if you are using peaches that are quite sweet and juicy, you will be just fine with using coconut sugar that is less sweet than regular cane sugar. But that’s up to you of course, no judging here, food is made to be enjoyed and not to feel guilty about! 🙂
Oh and I have to mention that combination of peaches, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut sugar smells and taste amazing! I hope you’ll give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! In the recipe I used smaller 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) baking pan but I made this crumble again yesterday for my family here so I used a larger rectangular baking pan so I just doubled up the quantities and it turned out great! 🙂
- For fruit layer
- 5 peaches, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or other sugar)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- For crumble layer
- 1 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1½ cup oats
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- These quantities are for 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) baking pan. If using larger pan, just double up the quantities.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 350 F.
- Prepare baking pan and line it with baking paper (not necessary if using silicone pan).
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients for fruit layer (sliced peaches, coconut sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and water) and stir using a wooden spoon.
- Place in a prepared baking pan.
- Prepare crumble layer by adding all the crumble ingredients (flour, oats coconut oil, cinnamon, coconut sugar and salt) in a large mixing bowl and stir well until it's all combined.
- Add crumble on top of the peaches.
- Press gently with a spoon to flatten.
- Bake for 30 min until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and serve warm or cold with some vanilla ice cream, cream, yogurt or milk.
*Thank you so much for being here, that makes me so happy! You can also follow my Travelling oven on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, as well as sign up to receive new blog posts via email and subscribe to my newsletter.